Young lads you want to see progress to the first team...

LoveCity said:
Tricky Dickys Right Foot Shot said:
To be fair I've heard from a mate whose mum cleans the academys kit that when Mancini took over the lads took a shine to him instantly as he introduced himself to the kids as well as the first team unlike Hughes who never even said hello to the young lads.

Also I've heard Mancini watches a few EDS games even when his kid isn't playing or he'll always get a coach to watch the ones he misses...

He does, let me clarify - I don't think Mancini is willing to risk many of our extremely promising youths while there is so much pressure on him. I think Boyata's blunder against Arsenal may have strengthened this decision in his mind as it may have cost us the game.

I can understand that but at the same time I hope for a day when Mancini's position is solidified so much that a disappointing season wouldn't see him get his marching orders. Then he could play the best of the EDS and give them a chance to grow with the first team. Worst case scenario being they can't make it but have exposure that will increase their transfer value.

ahhh yeah I pretty much agree with that mate.

I reckon the Carling Cup will see 2 or 3 youngsters introduced I think we see it as the less important honour to win, I'd love it if we won it or gotten as far as the semi's with 3 youngsters in the squad it would do wonders for them.

We'll definitely have to wait a few years to see most of them, the traditional English philosophy of ''if you're good enough, you're old enough'' has become seriously outmoded. Actually I remember reading one manager say literally that about giving a 15 year old his debut once. I can't remember the manager but the player was Matthew Etherington. I don't think much more needs to be said..

I dont bother about this so much nowadays. It used to be great when a local youngster made the grade. Unfortunately most of them are not even from this country never mind Manchester.

I doubt more than one or two of the current bunch will get regular game time in the next 2/3 years.

However these lads cannot complain. They have been given access to the best facilities in the country. They have experienced european trips, played with the likes of tevez and Silva, are paid well and given contracts even though they have little chance of playing for the first team in the next few years.

Shalem Logan probably earned a million quid with his 4 year contract and he played twice.

Most of them will go on to have good careers in the lower leagues and we were the reason for that. With us they are turned into footballers who have a brain and can remain cool under pressure. ideal qualities in the cut and thrust of the lower leagues.

One or two of them will make it big again like Whelan has done at Stoke and good luck to them

What does everyone think of about us exiting the reserve league people keep on saying these young players should get a chance in the league cup but if they dont go on loan then they are only going to play around 10 matches up until January so that will not help in there development.

greasedupdeafguy said:
What does everyone think of about us exiting the reserve league people keep on saying these young players should get a chance in the league cup but if they dont go on loan then they are only going to play around 10 matches up until January so that will not help in there development.

I can see the youth being played in the Barclays Premier Academy League and the NextGen League.

It was a bit random leaving the reserves I never found out why they did that????

hopefully we can get some good loan moves for one or two of these youngsters, i'd love to see one go off to a premier league club for a while and get some games. Look at the good it did for both Joe Hart and Jack Wilshere. You would think there would be at least one of the newly promoted sides looking to strengthen in one area we can provide a player for.

Tricky Dickys Right Foot Shot said:
greasedupdeafguy said:

I can see the youth being played in the Barclays Premier Academy League and the NextGen League.

It was a bit random leaving the reserves I never found out why they did that????
But what about the likes of Razak, Warbara or any of the over 18

Well, Boyata will get a PL loan and QPR were interested in Guidetti but it looks like we may send him to Feyenoord instead while Tevez is still here.

I'm a bit disappointed Trippier didn't get a PL loan. He was a standout player in the Championship last season and we've loaned him right back there...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.