your 15 minutes of fame (city related)

kippaxkid74 said:
Been in the prog lots over the years, was in the city mag wembley 99 special, northwest tonight used my crying face on the bulletins the day after we left maine road (bastards stood at the end of my row and wouldnt leave me alone, let me cry in peace please!!!), been in the city prog in the actual credits page listed as a photographer next to all the "proper" ones!, i'm in gary james wonderful maine road book, my pic is in the inside cover of kevin cummins maine road book, and my quotes are in len grants maine road book (i see a theme here lol!!!), was interviewed in june 2003 at maine road for granada when a news crew turned up to preview the auction but mike on the gate had let some fans in for a last look round - i was running on the pitch pretending to score goals! (luckily that is not on their footage!)
There's probably more but that's all i can think of for now ;)

Thanks for the comment about my book "Farewell To Maine Road" - I loved writing & researching that book, but the best aspect for me was interviewing fans (and others) or receiving their letters/emails telling me their Maine Road stories.

I knew what Maine Rd meant to me and how special it was but hearing/reading those memories brought different angles to the story. I included as many as I could get away with, but wanted to use a lot more. A belated thanks to all those who contributed.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rADjQwPollo&feature=youtube[/youtube]

I am the lad with his arm up, was used every time they did the little Poznan thing between ads on sky all last year.

Sat with my brother in platt lane stand.Keith curle spits on himself just as the camera is on him.You can just see me in the background!Not sure which game it was though.

Right well here goes.....
1)I was in the main pic for fan city in programmes for a number of weeks with a blue mohican.
2)Met numerous players dating back to Tiatto
3)At the F.A cup final i did the Poznan with Shaun Goater...jealous much
4)Thaksin Shinawatra was happy to have pic taken with me at United game whilst i was wearing my blue suit and wig, pic appeared in daily mail.
5)Being on t.v on numerous occasions but the best being on the champions dvd last 10 mins or so looking miserable....in my famous blue suit
6)Dressing up as a city arab when we first got taken over pic appeared everywhere inc most recently front page of the Guardian supplement after we won the league
7)Following Robbie Savage in my blue suit down a vip area and asking him if he would like a number 6 we printed off ok not exactly fame related but his face was priceless.
Not bad for a 15yr old eh? bring on the community shield ctid

I was intervied by the BBC at Swindon Town before Brian Hortons first match because our names are the same(spelt different though) my parting shot was "I'll still be here long after he's gone"

Interviewed on Sky at Wolves last season.

Provided lots of material for the "Treasure trove" in the programme.

I have been acknowledged in a couple of Gary James books.

My son was mascot at the Spuds (a) game last season, 5-1. Does that count?

Also presented David Silva (the magician) with his Etihad player of the month award. Top day at Carrington, got to watch training.

<a class="postlink" href="http://mcfc.co.uk/News/Team-news/2010/December/David-Silva-gets-Etihad-award" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://mcfc.co.uk/News/Team-news/2010/D ... ihad-award</a>

Gerry Creaney once waved to me on Deansgate, or at least I thought he did, it turned out he was actually letting on to someone behind me.

Was in the City season card/blue membership promotional video thingy.

Wrote a (short-lived) blog about City for the Mirror's website.

Started a petition to 'Save our Sven' that attracted about 20,000 signatures and which ended up with me being interviewed on Sky News about it.

My blog is listed on the City website.

Played FIFA on the ground's big screens against two reserve players as part of a promotional EA video thingy - never got onto the website though sadly. Though I did get to stand on the pitch and sit in a fancy box during it all. Still got my visitors pass :)

Met lots of players obviously. Most people have I guess. You just see them around.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.