Your best away day/ trip ever???

Stoke away boxing day a few years ago when there were about 12,000 city fans in fancy dress and almost everyone had an inflatable something or other. I think we got beat but sang from the moment we arrived in Stoke to the moment we left. It was immense

Portsmouth in the 80s, Paul Simpson scored two to more or less get us promoted, brilliant day, we all stopped off at Solihull and got very drunk on way home.

MOST EMBARRESING TRIP EVER...Wigan away, we got trounced 4-0 and was down in 2mins, still had a laugh though as us city fans always see the brighter side to it!!!

Villa park semi-final against ipswich 81.city were brilliant that day has were the fans. best support i have seen by city fans that day.

Sheffield Utd In The FA Cup, It Was A Couple Of Years Ago. We Had 7 Big Blokes In The 5 Seats In Front Of Us. It Was Hilarious!!!!

4-3 against the Spuds. My father was going to take us home at half-time, but his best mate persuaded him to stay. Best decision ever tbh :D

gxblue said:
had some great ones 2 hamburg trips, schalke, couple of wembley trips, northern ireland but my all time favourite was the oakels brewery isle of man tournament. the football i think was gash can,t really remember it but the 3 nights and days round Douglas were fantastic.

I remember the Isle of Man...the two City fans fighting just after getting off the ferry for no apparent reason, the nightclub full of City fans (and a couple of players who were able to take girls into a back room), the Saturday playing football on the High St, the Saturday night in the pub called the Quid Inn where it was a quid in and all beers were a quid, and the Sunday game where the streaker ran across the pitch and was released just in time to get the ferry back!!!

But Hamburg this year was great as well...

And for the Everton fan in my local shop, taking my son on his 16th birthday this year to Goodison and seeing the boys win!!!

Blackburn '85, 1-0 Kinsey
Bradford '89, 1-1 - magic
Luton '90, when we were banned, loads of blues in the Oak stand !
Villa '91, 5-1, White getting 4, magic
United, '92, 1-1, Curle pen, what a night that was !
PSV Eindhoven&Sporting Lisbon in Holland, '93, 3 nights away, pre-season
Newcastle in the league cup, '94, Rosler & Walsh, we got battered for 90 mins and won 2-0
Blackburn '95, 3-2, City were just outstanding against the champions to be !
Bury '98, my home town, proper football night !
Macclesfield '98/99, "I was there"
York, 98/99, crap result but a great day out
Wolves '02, champions "we're going up with the baggies"
Lokeren '03, great trip
Schalke, just everything about the trip was top notch

Any Norwich City away day in the 90s (Aidrian Heath or anyone who had played for Everton era) with an overnight stop was the best for me, nice little ground, decent fans and a City centre full of very fit, willing and able young ladies.....
If it was football related then 5-1 away at Villa and David White scoring 4 and getting in a huge ruck with Villa fans outside (not big and clever I know but a right buzz all the same)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.