Your best away day/ trip ever???

BrightwellsBoot said:
Blackburn '85, 1-0 Kinsey
Bradford '89, 1-1 - magic
Luton '90, when we were banned, loads of blues in the Oak stand !
Villa '91, 5-1, White getting 4, magic
United, '92, 1-1, Curle pen, what a night that was !
PSV Eindhoven&Sporting Lisbon in Holland, '93, 3 nights away, pre-season
Newcastle in the league cup, '94, Rosler & Walsh, we got battered for 90 mins and won 2-0
Blackburn '95, 3-2, City were just outstanding against the champions to be !
Bury '98, my home town, proper football night !
Macclesfield '98/99, "I was there"
York, 98/99, crap result but a great day out
Wolves '02, champions "we're going up with the baggies"
Lokeren '03, great trip
Schalke, just everything about the trip was top notch
hahaha steve kinsey fuckin legend.

FRAN THE ARAB said:
BrightwellsBoot said:
Blackburn '85, 1-0 Kinsey
Bradford '89, 1-1 - magic
Luton '90, when we were banned, loads of blues in the Oak stand !
Villa '91, 5-1, White getting 4, magic
United, '92, 1-1, Curle pen, what a night that was !
PSV Eindhoven&Sporting Lisbon in Holland, '93, 3 nights away, pre-season
Newcastle in the league cup, '94, Rosler & Walsh, we got battered for 90 mins and won 2-0
Blackburn '95, 3-2, City were just outstanding against the champions to be !
Bury '98, my home town, proper football night !
Macclesfield '98/99, "I was there"
York, 98/99, crap result but a great day out
Wolves '02, champions "we're going up with the baggies"
Lokeren '03, great trip
Schalke, just everything about the trip was top notch
hahaha steve kinsey fuckin legend.

I remember that game as well...was only a kid and was in the little standing paddock at the side of the ground and we had the old Darwen end as well...top day!!!

a lot i cant remember.. so ill go for blackburn last season and robbys equaliser in the last minute, and everyone wnet about 3 rows forward (well i did) and we all went ape shit

for me has to be the away leg against groclin in 2003, starting off manny airport 6 in the morning on the lager with plenty of blues knocking them back, arriving in poland to be greeted by cops that made robocop look friendly. the town square in poznan being took over by city fans, at the ground they put a bbq on for us steak butties absolutely smashed by then we drew and wasnt the best performance but all in all absolutely cracking trip away.

Are abandoned matches allowed?

If so then it has to be the Denis Law backheeler at Old Trafford in 1974.

What fun to see our bitter relegated rivals taking things so badly as usual.

supercity36 said:
a lot i cant remember.. so ill go for blackburn last season and robbys equaliser in the last minute, and everyone wnet about 3 rows forward (well i did) and we all went ape shit

One of my most recent favourites to. Was awful all game until the last 10 minutes. Everybody went mental when robbie put in that equalizer. Walking down the main road back to the train station singing "2-0 up and you fu*ked it up" was quality. Every Blackburn fan you looked at was dying to smack you in the mouth.

Wigan away last season. Had to wait about an hour for a train that was about 10 carriages long , everybody squeezed in, was the best trip home in a long time even though we lost. The march through town afterwards was funny as well.

I'm a young fan, old enough to remember '99 but I was only 3 so i couldn't go......

I only really started properly going away a few years ago but I loved both Scouse trips last year an I have gone Blackburn Away last 4 and they have all been great, especially the 2-2 this season! Been to Newcastle once aswell - won 1-0!

Not been to Europe, but been to away friendlies at Rochdale & Bradford and FA cup at both Sheffield's and a few others but it is hard to say.......

Newcastle 0-1 City win, date unknown.

Mainly due to the fact it was my 2nd away match, back row, met an old friend and that M'penza goal!

supercity36 said:
yeah it was great best of all it was my little lads first away game.five minutes to go i said to him sorry son for us gettin beat then everyone knows what happened then.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.