Your best away day/ trip ever???

Wembley 99 and Celtic last preseason.

Wembley for obvious reasons.

Celtic was immense apart from the weather. Found a group of hoops fans in the centre and got talking a drinking with them. Went to the Tommy Burns bar on the way to the ground and the atmosphere was awesome

Wembley 99 - no contest!! The highs and lows of that game were amazing, and i'd never been to Wembley before and was really glad that i got to go before they tore it down (they'd announced that fairly recently around that time i think) - When Horlock scored i remember thinking "Well, at least i've seen City score at Wembley" but then Dickie came along and saved the world!! After the jubulant celebrations I was around 5 rows further forward than my seat, still to this day don't know how i ended up there, but i didn't care :D

Schalke,the trip was awesome,spoke to Kompany,Richards and Mark Hughes at the airport. Blind drunk for 2 days,singing all the old songs in the pubs,awesome ground,friendly people,great result,great performance,loudest i've heard city away with 2,500 fans.

Hamburg away,everything above apart from result and performance,but we did have the reeperbahn :)

had some great ones 2 hamburg trips, schalke, couple of wembley trips, northern ireland but my all time favourite was the oakels brewery isle of man tournament. the football i think was gash can,t really remember it but the 3 nights and days round Douglas were fantastic.

Apart from the wembley trip of 99, our local supporters branch sometime in the early 90's over the easter weekend went to Norwich away on bank holiday monday. We set off after the sheff Wed game at maine road on easter saturday. On the sunday we went to great yarmouth for the day and found a pub with an Elvis impersonator, what an afternoon he had ua all on the stage singing with him. We then had photo's taken outside and buggered off to the fair ground. To add to it all we beat Norwich 1 - 0 and there were thousands of blues swarming all over the place. What a great weekend.

Arsenal away when we had sven, 10 of us borrowed one of them long back Mercedes sprinters and we put old couches and that in there. We had loads of beer and 2 gallon drums to piss in. We set off at 6.30am but we didnt realise the bulb had gone in the back, fuckin darkness all the way down but it was funny as fuck. When we got back to the van it had been parked in a sun trap and you know how hot cars get, we all stripped off to our boxers for the way home praying the law didnt pull us over. I still get flash backs of naked sweaty men.

Bradford away when we clinched a promotion and the hippy fan go on the pitch to tell Steve Redmond that Palace were winning 5-0. An amazing day , city fans were breaking into the Bradford ground the night before and hiding in the bogs.
The huge singsong that night in Albert square is a cherished memory. That's what football is all about , I couldn't have been happier if we'd won the champs league , we were all at 100%

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.