Your best day as a City fan?

Nothing can top the QPR game, total dismay to unrivalled joy in five minutes.

Still have tears in my eyes watching the highlights.

kenzie115 said:
The semi-final just edges out the final for me, it was the best and most emotional day of my life. Butterflies in the morning coupled with the excitement of going to Wembley for the first time and it being against United. Then came the anxiety of watching them control the first half hour before we came into it. Trying to relax at half time was impossible, I didn't know what to do with myself, I just wanted the players to come back out and the match to carry on.

Then the goal, watching Yaya power past Vidic before stroking the ball under Van Der Sar brought a wave of unadulterated joy like I have never felt before, the place went fucking mental. Then the tension came, knowing that the year before we'd lost to 3 last minute winners made it worse. This was United, they were bound to score, it was inevitable, they always scored, but we were holding on.

Joe tipped Nani's deflected free kick onto the bar when it looked destined for the net. Zabba put his body on the line once again and United were down to ten; could this really happen? No, they'd still score, this was United after all, they always scored. Then came two moments from Kolarov which stand out in my mind for some reason; the first was one of the most composed bits of defending I've ever seen. I can't remember what minute it was but it was 80+, a cross comes in and facing his own goal he calmly nods the ball back to Joe, brilliant. The second was even better, we're into injury time now and United are throwing everything at us, a cross comes in and is half cleared to the edge of the box where it bounces up, Kolarov jumps with Rafael for a header and produces a perfect swan dive; arms spread, chest thrown out, 10 from the Russian judge. Mike Dean buys it; free-kick, the pressure subsides.

Then, possibly the best moment of the whole day, the most wondrous sound I have ever heard, the full-time whistle. It was like being hit by a wrecking ball of feeling; joy, relief, ecstasy and amazing happiness. I broke down, I'd been stood up all match singing my heart out but at that moment I lost the ability to stand. My Dad tried to pull me to my feet but it was no use, the tears were streaming at this point and I can honestly say I've never been as happy in all my life as I was at that moment. When I regained the use of my legs I moved towards my younger brother, grabbed him round the neck and kissed him on the side of the head. We're not usually very touchy feely as a family but on the coach ride home flicking through the photos my Dad had taken I saw he'd captured this moment perfectly and the framed photo sat on my desk is a physical reminder of a memory I will keep for the rest of my life.

My best day as a City fan.
Im blubbing just reading that, great post

May 13th will take some beating to be honest with you.

Special mentions to Wigan at home play offs
Gillingham at wembley of course
Blackburn away 4-1
Last Maine road derby
Schalke away
FA cup semi
FA cup final

Nothing else comes close to 13th May, and I don't think anything ever will top it

We might go on and win the league another 10 times in the next 10 seasons but the drama, emotion and excitement from the will never be topped.

The joy that May 13th brought will never be repeated.

On the back of reading this I just watched a few YouTube vids of the day..Superb.

Stumbled accross this one that raised a laugh!

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hkchDf3doW8" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hkchDf3doW8</a>

Nothing will ever beat May 13th IMO. From just sat slumped in my seat at 2-1, to 2-2 thinking that's just City all over and then pure ecstacy. I'll never forget that moment! Mental scenes!

FA Cup semi-final is second for me (didn't have enough points for the final). I was at Wembley 99 but was only 5 so can't remember too much so this was my first visit that I'll fully remember. A sea of blue down the motorways and in our end and just an amazing day.

FA Cup final - I watched it at City Square and was a great day. People running round everywhere at the final whistle. Cars beeping their horns, city fans all over the streets.

Richard said:
Nothing can top the QPR game, total dismay to unrivalled joy in five minutes.

Still have tears in my eyes watching the highlights.
This, second is Gillingham, third was probably winning at Newcastle last year, just for what it meant to be back in front, and to be actually singing "we're gonna win the league" as we left the ground, for the first time in 30+ years. I was at Wembley when we won the LC in '76, but in those days I expected us to get to, and win finals (I was only 14).

'99 at Wembley, I just thought the nightmare couldn't get any worse, it nearly did, but it was a great day in the end.

However I never thought we'd win the PL, and to do it in the fashion we did, from where we were, both with 8 games left, and 5 minutes left, I doubt the day will ever be topped for me. To do it whilst with my son, who was sat in despair (as he was in '99), and to celebrate an amazing turn round for 2 days with him, I can't see how it will be beaten.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.