Your best day as a City fan?

MCFC BOB said:
The 6-1 win was literally the weirdest thing I've ever experienced in my life. I spent the last five minutes of that game running around City Square laughing my head off because I wasn't sure what to do.

My favourite piece of commentary (aside from the obvious) ever is definitely "It's Silva... it's five!" The utter disbelief in the way he (Rob Hawthorne?) says "five" pretty much sums the day up for me.

Mental.

"not just beaten; humiliated"

Yes i was at Colin Bells comback game , cannot remember against who against , advise please .

Also at his testimonial with my Dad , again against who advise please .

Long time ago .

Another good day winning at home against the rags mid-week 1967 approx , again help 3-1 ? help please .

It seems such a long time ago !!

Could not wait to get to work (Henry Simons , Bird Hall Lane , Excellant apprentischip )

We had the victory signs up before the 07-15 am start , Great Great Days .

Again all the Ladybarn boys togeather Kippax , Middle Left , packed in , fabulous .

Final offer on this subject .

My Mums sister Auntie Marie , was a war widow , she used to "mind bikes" at Thornton Road number 10 or 12 , the house that has been knocked down and rebuilt .

Her house backed on to the back car park of Main Road @ 3/4 time the big wooden gates used to open and i and other kids would run in and up the rear open concrete staircase .

To look down on to the pitch and see the grass was amazing and the 1000,s and 1000s of people , it was just amazing again minimum 58 years ago .

Believe me you did not se much grass in ladybarn .

The final "best day as a City fan" learning to ride Cousin Dereks BSA C15 again on the back car park of Maine Road @ maximum 12 years of age , again memorys that so so clear in my mind .

Football pink and the football Green on a Saurday night .

Pink and Green "toilet squares" on a Monday through the string , boy you have never lived .

Finally Mrs Elsie Revie my schoolteacher bringing Don Revies cup final medal into my primary school ( Mauldeth Road ) .

Sorry i will stop know .

13-5-12 from cautious optimism before the game to half time relief/happyness to near end of the game un-describable despair to pure euphoria at the end.nothing will ever come close to that day.i was there,regret not tekin my young son.amazing,fact is stranger than fiction.

Re: Your best day as a City fan??

CITY FOR LIFE said:
Sat opp the Holt end when we scored in the FAC Semi Final v Ipswich Town, priceless watching half the Holt End full of City Fans going mad.

Great day, just stood there watching Paul Powers free kick coming towards me, thought it was going to be stopped until it hit the backof the net<br /><br />-- Fri Nov 16, 2012 7:12 pm --<br /><br />FA Cup semi final, great day all round and best described by my 11 year old nephew when he was asked to tell what he did at the weekend when he got back to school.

His answer "I had the best day of my life!!"

Ladybarn they are great memories.

For me there are 3 -

- 1976 in the Newcastle end going crazy with my mother when Tueart scored, the Geordies were quite ok about it

- Bell's return in late 70's, the roar from the Kippax when he appeared at half time the loudest noise ever at a City game

- When Edin got the equaliser against QPR i just felt we would go on to win

Ladybarn Blue . said:
Final offer on this subject .

My Mums sister Auntie Marie , was a war widow , she used to "mind bikes" at Thornton Road number 10 or 12 , the house that has been knocked down and rebuilt .

Her house backed on to the back car park of Main Road @ 3/4 time the big wooden gates used to open and i and other kids would run in and up the rear open concrete staircase .

To look down on to the pitch and see the grass was amazing and the 1000,s and 1000s of people , it was just amazing again minimum 58 years ago .

Believe me you did not se much grass in ladybarn .

The final "best day as a City fan" learning to ride Cousin Dereks BSA C15 again on the back car park of Maine Road @ maximum 12 years of age , again memorys that so so clear in my mind .

Football pink and the football Green on a Saurday night .

Pink and Green "toilet squares" on a Monday through the string , boy you have never lived .

Finally Mrs Elsie Revie my schoolteacher bringing Don Revies cup final medal into my primary school ( Mauldeth Road ) .

Sorry i will stop know .

Sound like brilliant memories.

United 1 City 4: Franny Lee hatrick at Old Trafford
United 0 City 1:Denis Law:Kept smiling even after a rag thug spat in my face
City 4 United 0: Delerious League Cup night despite Bell's injury
City 4 Newcastle 0:Colin's comeback. Not a dry eye in the house
City 1 Ipswich 0: Paul Power and madness in the Holte End
City 5 United 1:Andy Hinchcliffe's five finger salute to the rags
Blackburn 1 City 4:Fans on the hill. In some ways the start of a new era
City 1 Stoke 0: I cried in the arms of a stranger!
United 1 City 6:It was like watching a film. I was in a trance-like state
City 3-2:No words can express the feeling and it will never be capped

Had loads and loads of good days, supported city all my life I was there at the Cup Final Vs Newcastle I was there Vs Gilligham , I was there Vs QPR, but I believe this, the best days are to come so hold on to your hat and enjoy the ride.
If I had to put a best day on it it so far I would say taking my son to his first City game.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.