Your best day as a City fan?

When you take into account the whole day, I would probaby go for the last derby at Maine Road. I knew it was the last season there, and I'd been going since 1964 so there were emotions. I'd lived in Liverpool since 1980 and on that particular day I decided to take my camcorder, which I switched on in the car, resting it on the dashoboard. I filmed driving down Princess Parkway, turning into Wilbraham Road and getting out of the car. I continued with the camcorder going through passage number 2 and emerging onto Maine Road. It's my record of a journey I'd done many times.

I was filming when Anelka received the ball and then ( you know what happened), it went skyward and all over the place. Madness and joy!
I remember being worried at half time that united would get back. But when The Goat scored the "shhhhhhh" goal, I couldn't have been happier. Seriously, one of the best days I can remember. And I've got the video. Forever.

At Wembley when we beat them in the semi final was another of "those" moments. I felt that was the game we had truly arrived.

scousemanc said:
When you take into account the whole day, I would probaby go for the last derby at Maine Road. I knew it was the last season there, and I'd been going since 1964 so there were emotions. I'd lived in Liverpool since 1980 and on that particular day I decided to take my camcorder, which I switched on in the car, resting it on the dashoboard. I filmed driving down Princess Parkway, turning into Wilbraham Road and getting out of the car. I continued with the camcorder going through passage number 2 and emerging onto Maine Road. It's my record of a journey I'd done many times.

I was filming when Anelka received the ball and then ( you know what happened), it went skyward and all over the place. Madness and joy!
I remember being worried at half time that united would get back. But when The Goat scored the "shhhhhhh" goal, I couldn't have been happier. Seriously, one of the best days I can remember. And I've got the video. Forever.

At Wembley when we beat them in the semi final was another of "those" moments. I felt that was the game we had truly arrived.

spot on mate

great post

do you have that video still?!

Yeah the last maine road derby will always remember. It was also the first derby I saw live. Behind the goal, 6 rows up, platt lane. The goat robbed the rat right infront of me. A day I will never forget

MR.X said:
Yeah the last maine road derby will always remember. It was also the first derby I saw live. Behind the goal, 6 rows up, platt lane. The goat robbed the rat right infront of me. A day I will never forget

There should be a like button. This was a classic moment! Not my best day ever, but it's up there.

For the day as a whole it has to be winning the Cup in 2011. Breakfast in the hotel with the family after flying in the day before, sunshine all day long, none of the dread that comes with playing the rags, none of the head in hands dismay that I felt for 40 minutes of the QPR game before Sergio saved the day, and old and wise enough to appreciate it when for 30 years I'd thought never to see such sights again.

I was there countless times as a kid when we stuffed the rags at the swamp.I was there in 1976,Gillingham too and the 4-1 at Blackburn all great days.I am with De Niro though nothing beats the Q.P.R title winning game for a number of reasons.

One i never thought i would ever see City win a trophy again in my lifetime never mind the title.

Two because we had blown it once,eight points behind with six games to go NO side had even won the premier league from that position before.

Three because we did it the typical City way,putting everyone through absolute torture then ecstasy just when all seemed lost.

Four because we snatched it from the celebrating gloating rags just when they thought they had won it which made it all the sweeter.

The pure explosion of joy when Aguero's shot hit the back of the net, turning grey miserable black and white into glorious colour and the noise generated will never be surpassed, ever.Nor will the feel good factor which lasted all summer and meant you could spot a blue anywhere by that crazy glassy eyed gaze and sloppy grin on their face.Pure and utter magic.

paulchapo said:
I was there countless times as a kid when we stuffed the rags at the swamp.I was there in 1976,Gillingham too and the 4-1 at Blackburn all great days.I am with De Niro though nothing beats the Q.P.R title winning game for a number of reasons.

One i never thought i would ever see City win a trophy again in my lifetime never mind the title.

Two because we had blown it once,eight points behind with six games to go NO side had even won the premier league from that position before.

Three because we did it the typical City way,putting everyone through absolute torture then ecstasy just when all seemed lost.

Four because we snatched it from the celebrating gloating rags just when they thought they had won it which made it all the sweeter.

The pure explosion of joy when Aguero's shot hit the back of the net, turning grey miserable black and white into glorious colour and the noise generated will never be surpassed, ever.Nor will the feel good factor which lasted all summer and meant you could spot a blue anywhere by that crazy glassy eyed gaze and sloppy grin on their face.Pure and utter magic.

Very nicely described! When the bedlam died down, the bloke next but one to me, hugged me and asked if I cold spare a ciggy. The funny thing was he didn't actually smoke but saw me going for one and wanted to join in. That was before the presentation.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.