Your best day as a City fan?

de niro said:
dont know how anyone can say anything else than the qpr game. what it did for us and our profile, then factor in the hurt it caused the rags it simply has to be our best day ever.

I agree, and on the whole that year was great for me, my son was born several weeks after we lifted the title...

A few years ago, I used to explain to my mates that whilst witnessing the birth of my children were the best days of my life, the best single moment of unadulterated joy was when Dicky scored against Gillingham in 99.

I have similar feelings between the Cup win in 2011 & the Sergio goal. The Cup win was something that made me feel unbelievably happy for months but the Sergio goal relegated Dicky's goal quicker than a Denis Law backheel. I'm not sure anything will beat either feeling and I genuinely can't separate the days.

DenisLawBackHeel74 said:
de niro said:
dont know how anyone can say anything else than the qpr game. what it did for us and our profile, then factor in the hurt it caused the rags it simply has to be our best day ever.

I agree, and on the whole that year was great for me, my son was born several weeks after we lifted the title...

My daughter was born five days later, and was 12 days overdue. The little beauty hung on so Daddy could be there! That's what you call a week!

ccr said:
G-Star Medium Rare said:
bluemoonjack said:
Beating the Rags at Wembley in the Semi,55 years old and dreamt of that day since being a kid at shool in the 60's,AWESOME day

Same match for me too. Mrs G-Star medium rare and I had been sun bathing by the pool in Tenerife and then retired to our hotel room for a ahem "siesta". Discovered match was on TV and a rare moment of 69 action came to fruition just as Ya Ya scored to beat the rags. Life just can't get any better than that !
...should have stayed at SHOOL a bit longer........Sorry couldn't resist.
He might be Jewish.

my first game against Newcastle...abandoned at half time.city were winning 1-0.Bobbie Owen scored city,s goal.that game summed up the next 45 years supporting the blues, I wouldn't have had it any other way.

11 years old, travelled to Wembley in a Hunter Estate. 4 adults seated and 3 kids in the back. Barnes, Gowling's equaliser and then of course Tueart's sensational overhead kick for a 2-1 win against Newcastle. Funny day - and what a winner.

apart from the QPR game and Aguerooooooo ..... the time i stood next to Michel Vonk at Junior Blues on a sunday at Maine Road. David White was pissing himself with laughter in the doorway when Vonky, a 6ft 2 Centreback was looking up at a 13 year old with the look of "deer in headlights".

My best was being at the title winning game in Newcastle in the 1960s - that was absolutely fantastic.

Next would be at the final at Wembley when we beat Leicester.

Then again at Wembley winning the League Cup against West Brom.

And finally, sitting in front of the computer here in NZ watching the ESPN text coverage of AGUEROOOOOOOOOOOO!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.