Your BEST ever City memory.

I want to say Wembley 99', but its a bit of a cliche now. It will be the best memory, but I think I am going to say it was the home tie v Wigan just to get there. That was an awesome piss up, one of the best. Went around Denton with a mate of mine, drank mental strength lager in the liberal club there and then onto the Sherwood, pissed as farts. Our seats were just infront of a box with Tschkadazde and Shelia in. They had 2 of the most beautiful women with them that day, a sight I will never forget. Had some good banter with the blues too. Yes, that was definitely up there with the Wembley match, with the final obviously just shading it.

If we hadn't played Fulham last month then it would definitely be Gillingham '99. Because I was five I didn't really know what was going on, and I didn't understand that we'd won a basically nothing trophy. But just being lifted in the air by a mad drunkard made me see that it meant something to the mad raving lunatics surrounding me. I felt like I was part of something I shouldn't even be part of, and that made me feel included in - what I later found out to be - the most monumentus occasion in City's history. Sitting in that pub, I saw my mum go through so many emotions: despair when the team in black and blue scored, but elation when the team in yellow and blue scored. But watching the highlights back on YouTube - and if I'd have been aware of the surroundings - I only get goosebumps and two spots: Dickov scoring and watching the fans go absolutely crazy, and Nicky Weaver running the length of the field after saving the penalty. Hearing the words: "He can hardly contain himself. Look at him!" really does sum up every City fan at that point, and it's a memory that I don't actually have, but one that I can form from watching the highlights on YouTube. So thanks to the internet I can now watch that game and feel what it would have felt like all those years ago.

But what I hope and long for is that this isn't always going to be my favourite City memory. There's a lot to come from us, and my favourite memory will change a lot in the next ten years (I hope).

Forza Mancini.

Wembley 99 was special. Hope the old fella in front of us survived the Dickov goal celebrations. When everyone had picked themselves up and made it back to their rows he had disappeared! Felt very weird for days after that game as if something terrible was about to happen any minute.

For me though the day out at Blackburn the year after wins. On the pitch at the end with coppers telling us to walk not run. They knew they it was pointless to try and stop us. That was the day I knew we had come back from the dark days.

My dad taking me to the ECWC final in Vienna

My daughter taking me to Schalke

Taking my daughter to Colchester for the first pay per view game. We were stood with a group of 'skin head thugs' who spent all their time makin sure she was safe and not crushed, great guys!

the comeback against spurs in the cup

when we beat utd 4-1 at eastlands. was watching it in a bar in cantebury that was full of utd fans, i was getting abuse as i was wearing a city shirt. SWP gets the ball and i shout out 'go on shauny lets have a fourth'.... BANG..... GET IN!!!

I've been watching City since the early seventies so have seen many great games and even more shit ones but one day that sticks in my mind is 1st September 2008. Spent the whole day glued to Sky sports news wondering when i was going to wake up. An amazing day being a city fan without us kicking a ball.

30/05/99 at about 4.54pm. I think even if we won the quintuple it still won't be as good as that moment.

Although living where I do and having been hounded by Spuds fans for years, the 4-3 cup game was pretty special.

wembley 99 will always be up there, i was just a kid at the time, and the emotions were so raw on that day, it was unbelievable

when we beat united 4 1 at coms, best iv ever seen it at eastlands, it was like a party all over the ground, better than hamburg anyway

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.