Your City 11 and 7 Subs since takeover by Sheikh Mansour

...........................Ederson........................

.............Zabaleta....Kompany.....Laporte.............

........................Fernandinho......................

.................KDB..............D.Silva................

.........................Tevez............................

Sterling..................Aguero....................Sane

I'm going to pinch that team, in order to get Tevez in. I'd likely pick Walker over Zabba if we had fullbacks (which I would in real life).

Imo, it's interesting that if you just went for the 'best' or most important players in each position, then Yaya would be in most teams.

But if you went for the strongest actual balanced 'team' he probably wouldn't get in any of them.

Also, as someone who would probably put Sane in the team, in the front 3, I'm just thinking that, in terms of individual performance & team effort, Craig Bellamy had a strong argument.

If this season's form was to continue for years to come, Bernardo Silva would be on par with D.S. imo.

Hart (2011)
Zabaleta (2013)
Kompany (2012)
Laporte (2019)
Delph (2018)
Fernandinho (2018)
Toure (2014)
De Bruyne (2018)
Silva (2018)
Aguero (2015)
Tevez (2011)

Subs
Ederson (2018)
Walker (2018)
Lescott (2012)
Barry (2012)
Sterling (2019)
Sane (2018)
Negredo (2014)

For me I'm shocked how few people mention Barry, he was really key to that late run we had to win the title in 2012, how Yaya didn't win the PoY award in 2014 will be lost on me until my dying day(ironic that the last two title wins a Liverpool player ended up winning player of the season.... I wonder if the roles are reversed this year and Liverpool win the same thing happens...... I think not! and finally to finish of the title wins to me 2018 Ederson transformed the team and indeed how people look at goalkeepers, very few of us can claim to have seen a player that transformed the way a position is played but I believe with Ederson we have as a pure keeper I would take Hart at his best every time but..... In terms of what they add to the team Ederson's distribution changes everything and really he is the one player we can't replace.

Last edited:
Reactions: kun
Mendy's played about 20 games for us and not put in many big performances, not sure he's ever played in a cup final either. No contest for me.
This is true, although when on song Clichy gets in every time above Kolarov. Just a far better left back.

Demichelis wouldn’t get in the women’s team mate.

Based on the second half of the 14 title winning season, his ability to play it on the deck and our injury prone centre halves, I thought he’d make it personally n

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.