Your DUNNE

BlueSinceBirth said:
i personally just said dunne shouldnt push out onouha based on recent performances.

Not really directed at you, mate. Just in general to some of the people who think that every shite performances we have put in is down to players who have been great for us and that they suddenly aren't good enough for our wonderful set up.

JohnMaddocksAxe said:
BlueSinceBirth said:
i personally just said dunne shouldnt push out onouha based on recent performances.

Not really directed at you, mate. Just in general to some of the people who think that every shite performances we have put in is down to players who have been great for us and that they suddenly aren't good enough for our wonderful set up.

Fair enough mate

As an Irishman, Ive seen Dunne play for both club and country. His performances for Ireland this season have been much better. I think this is because he has been playing in front of a better keeper in Shay Given and Ireland play with two defensive midfielders in Whelan and S Reid/Gibson.

Now that we have Kompany/De Jong/Zabaleta and Shay Given, I think we will see an improvement in Dunne

Jimbo said:
As an Irishman, Ive seen Dunne play for both club and country. His performances for Ireland this season have been much better. I think this is because he has been playing in front of a better keeper in Shay Given and Ireland play with two defensive midfielders in Whelan and S Reid/Gibson.

Now that we have Kompany/De Jong/Zabaleta and Shay Given, I think we will see an improvement in Dunne

i hope so

JohnMaddocksAxe said:
BlueSinceBirth said:

I've def not slated Hart, I just believe that the experience of Given would be a massive lift and help for him and push him harder too. I think Richards has gone off the boil, but believe he's got the potential to be a City legend but again working with Kompany, Dunne etc will be a big benefit. Also, it's a squad game and being shown he's not 1st choice automatically will push him.

I think Dunne's a very good centreback and although a few errors, he's had less cover this year but still at times the main man heading the ball out of defence.

BlueSinceBirth said:
de niro said:
dunne will come straight back in, and at the moment thats how it should be.

would you drop onouha? imagine his confidence, he just cant win, even when he is performing well, he still cant keep a spot, but richards can. joke. if i was ned, ide just pack up and leave, he is wasted at city.
i think its richards most at risk, whatever happens though dunnie will come straight back in.he is our captain, a liability at times but still our captain.
lets see him improve with better players along side, in front, and behind him.

de niro said:
BlueSinceBirth said:
de niro said:
dunne will come straight back in, and at the moment thats how it should be.

would you drop onouha? imagine his confidence, he just cant win, even when he is performing well, he still cant keep a spot, but richards can. joke. if i was ned, ide just pack up and leave, he is wasted at city.
i think its richards most at risk, whatever happens though dunnie will come straight back in.he is our captain, a liability at times but still our captain.
lets see him improve with better players along side, in front, and behind him.

At pains to say it but I agree with De Niro!!!! Kidding.

I think from now till the end of the season we shouldn't be singling out players and get behind them. Let MH live or die by his selections, formations etc. I'd like to see Dunne with Given behind him, a decent partner and Nigel de Jong in front of him.

Remember we've made another number of additions / changes of formations etc, so we will need time. But not too much, but I look on the rest of the season as a bigger preseason where they majority of the squad learn to play together.

If we get Dunne, Petrov, Johno, Boj and even Benji back - we'll have another 5 good players added to our ever improving squad. Keep Sturridge, Etuhu and Onouha fit --> great young options. All in all it should be exciting.

In the summer we rid the deadwood like Ball, Vassell, Ben Haim, Hamann, Mills and Gelson.

BlueSinceBirth said:
Richard, your Dunne in my opinion, or atleast for a while anyway
What he did to get sent off, let the team down, let him self down. why should he just walk straight back into the line up?
Kompany and Onouha Have shown what they can do.
No need to change

Bench for you boy. Richards will save you a seat. lets see you 2 break into the team again.

GIVEN
ZAB KOM NED BRG
JNG
SWP IRE ELA ROB
BEL

That's our strongest team imo

All in all, not a bad squad -

1 Joe Hart
16 Kasper Schmeichel
37 Shay Given

4 Nedum Onuoha
15 Javier Garrido
22 Richard Dunne
25 Wayne Bridge
33 Vincent Kompany
2 Micah Richards

5 Pablo Zabaleta
6 Michael Johnson
7 Stephen Ireland
8 Shaun Wright-Phillips
11 Elano Blumer
17 Martin Petrov
19 Gelson Fernandes
29 Kelvin Etuhu
40 Vladimir Weiss *

10 Robinho
12 Darius Vassell
24 Chedwyn Evans *
27 Benjani Mwaruwari
36 Daniel Sturridge *
39 Craig Bellamy
20 Felipe Caicedo
Bojinov

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.