Your emotions/actions/whereabouts from 1-2 to 3-2

Oh yeah i was at the Waldorf surrounded by a load from of here, all of em, top top guys (and gals) and would be happy to re-do our meetup under less crazy circumstances and get to know them better.

Sat in SW corner level 2 row C. Hospitality package as it was my 50th. Met Colin Bell and Joe C before match and felt like a 5 yr old. They told me of the plans for a guard of honor made up of ex players at end of match and it gave me goose bumps. Felt calm in match even at 1-1 but then sending off, QPR goal and best day in my life slipped away to despair. When we scored the winner I went ballistic then felt my legs buckle and I fell to my knees. As I looked around I saw loads of old timers crying and hugging. My eyes were streaming. Even the stewards and police were caught up in the emotion. A sound engineer on top of the legends bar was dancing up and down. My heart was beating so hard I thought I was going to die. Open arms extended by strangers to other strangers........ Even in the period leading up to the cup presentation people were singing then suddenly overtaken with emotion grabbing randoms to celebrate with and not stopped since. What a 50th OMFG

Not long after QPR scored their 2nd I went on to the concourse and sat down, totally devastated. I couldn't take it. I just sat there and couldn't believe what was happening. I sat there until then end of 90 minutes and decided to leave. (yes I know, feel free)

I went outside and sat on the seats near the roof supports, head in my hands. Then I heard a massive roar and everyone around me started running about and going mad.

By this time everyone was standing up and looking at each other. As the time ticket away I began praying. All of a sudden another massive roar happened and everyone went mad, jumping into each others arms and hugging each other. City had scored again.

People were trying to get back in, but the stewards weren't having it.(apparently they later opened the gates). I looked at the spiral and thought f*** it. I ran over to the metal gate next to the entrance, dragged myself up, crawled along the top of it, and pulled myself over the spiral wall/rail, landing on the spiral floor. Got up and ran as fast as I could to where my Girlfriend sits.(tier above me) I went over to her and starting hugging her.

Missing the goals was my fault. I bailed out and deserved what I got. To those who stayed, you all deserved what you saw and the memories that will live with you for the rest of your lives. My consolation is I got back in and saw the scenes after the final whistle and the trophy being lifted, stood alongside my Girlfriend.

Head in hands when Mackie's header went in the net. I was just so flat, and was hating the commentator (Tyler) with a passion. All I could think about was the texts / calls / emails / gloats that would be winging my way. Thinking about avoiding the papers with all the "we knew that city would choke". Thinking that it would be bad for a week but then maybe it would get subsumed by the Euros. And then it'll start all over again at the beginning of next season.... crap crap crap.

Then we were pushing forward, I thought Balo had scored and then I thought that Edin had scored. Up on my feet, yelling, exhorting, come on come on come on we can do it. Corner after corner and then and then and then IT'S IN!! Looking at the clock, holding my daughter's hand, my other half's hand, can we do it can we do it? All of us on our feet, yelling at the screen when QPR pressed up the pitch and then back it went. Back into the box, Mario stretching, off his feet, pushing the ball across to Sergio, jinking round Ned and then oh my holy CRAP we scored. Shouting, incoherent, crying, dancing, until I just sobbed and sobbed and sobbed. So happy and yet utterly wrung out.

Bliss. And I've been there since.

Well I'm 45 and have waited a long time for this. As events transpired I was on holiday in Bulgaria with friends on Sunday. They live in the middle of nowhere but have internet so I was following the match on the web, along with a mate who is also a Blue. As the game went on and we were 1-2 down I was, like everybody, utterly pissed off and felt like crying! As it happens I was helping my mate recover a missing water pump that had fellen down his well. We were there along with some of the locals watching as we tried everything to recover said pump. I was trying to forget the score after 89 mins when I checked again and its still 1-2! However, a few minutes later, expecting to hear that the title was the rags again and that the 'same old City' had struck again, I nearly lept out of my skin when the score read 3-2 City. I jumped about and hollored like never before and still, back home in the UK cannot believe that my team are CHAMPIONS!!!!

We failed to rescue the pump by the way!

Was at home watching with hubs, son and his girlfriend. Nervous and when we went 2 -1 down I just thought oh well here we go again. Watching the ball pinging round everywhere bar the net was driving me mad the extra time and I said we can still do it. Dzeko scored and then watching Aguero was like slow motion, when Balo slipped I thought it was another miss but then, well the rest is history. We were all bouncing round the front room screaming and cheering. The dog ran in to see what was going on. Amazing, I still can't believe it.

1-0 - letting a little joy in my heart after nervous week with no sleep.
1-1 - head still in hands...moaning, groaning
1-2 - head in hands,moaning, groaning and rocking side to side for comfort.
2-2 - head in hands, moaning, groaning, rocking....bit tongue several times.
3-2 - FUCKING ABSOLUTE HEAVEN!

A few around me left with 5-10 mins left.....they have reasons, I wont judge....but the feeling at the end and being their with your mates hugging, the sheer joy in your heart and seeing everyone with that look on their faces is a feeling no money can buy - it will live with me forever.

cakelady said:
I bit my hubby

I hope it wasn't a consolation nosh! :0

Hope no offense taken, welcome aboard.

Should this thread go into classics? So much emotion in here, so many great personal experiences on a day of huge ups and downs. What following our club has always been about, thankfully now and for the foreseeable future those emotions will be wonderfully positive just like Sundays outcome.

At 2-1 down in 109 i started looking round at all the 30-40 year olds around me with that "not again" look across their face which im sure was slapped on mine too, just thinking why does this shit always happen to us, we don't deserve to throw this away and not like this, I then ended up with a nose bleed probably through stress and my blood pressure going through the roof. At 3-2 i was overcome by emotion filled up after being at such a low and then hitting such a high i didnt know how to react, i have never cried with happiness until that day :) I went mental and maybe got my shoes a little muddy :)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.