Your emotions/actions/whereabouts from 1-2 to 3-2

It was a nightmare and damn near killed me, I'm just glad it worked out in the end. In the last two months I've lost a friend to suicide, my wife's mother has been fighting cancer and last Wednesday her dad collapsed and almost died (we're still waiting for test results). It might be selfish but I really needed something good and City winning the title was something I was counting on and really looking forward to. When things went south I really lost it but thank God they did it for me and everybody else!

My dog died in January and it was misery I couldn't even explain. It wasn't the same when we were 2-1 down but it was pretty close, an inner despair and ache. I'm from a red family and it's been torturous for years and years (and made me hate the rags with an unbridled passion), never anything to brag about so I was dreading the post-match smirks and laughter from said family.

When Dzeko scored I couldn't even stand up because I thought it was just another cruel teaser of a comeback and that QPR would just waste away the last few seconds.

When Aguero scored I did get up and screamed (a bit too much like a girl...), went crazy, then just stood there in sudden shock, trembling and crying. A quivering wreck I pointed weakly to the pitch and said to the guy who sits next to me, "QPR could still score..." because with this club you never know what will happen next.

Then the final whistle went and the rest is history although I still just stood in shock for a while, tears streaming down my face. The true joy came later when the shock wore off and the champions podium was being set up.

Worst day ever to best day ever in 3 minutes. :D

Great thread and some real emotions. As for me I kid you not i was in the kitchen at half time cheerfully making myself a cuppa when this horrible thought came across me that Jonathan Mackie will spoil our day. Whether it was an equalizer or a winner but he would play a part. I'm not sure where it came from,possibly his winner against the dippers was nailed deep in my pschy,who knows ? What followed half time was the start of a horrible nightmare. His goal was like in slow motion, i saw the cross coming with this figure coming into the picture and low and behold its the gangly Mackie flinging himself at the ball. After that goal I decided to turn the sound off because every comment that Darke and McMinimum were making was like another twist of the knife that cut deep into my heart. I was staring at the screen like a zombie hardly believing what i was watching. When Dzeko scored I immediately turned on the sound. I needed to hear the hope and roar of the crowd to help lift my spirits. Surely there's not enough time left, how can we possibly get through the sea of red shirts ? The utter mayhem that followed in my living room was nothing compared to what was going on in the stadium but it was bedlem in its own way and enough to get the neighbours across the street to open their door to see what the hell was going on out there. Later that day i remembered an old bottle of champers in the fridge that I had saved for a special occasion and before dinner I shook the bastard up and let it rip to the tune of hey jude. I lifted my glass with the biggest smile on my face , gave thanks and toasted our magnificent team and all the long suffering blues around the world.

I was at work so I was DVR'ing the match. We are not allowed to keep our phones on us at work so when I went on my lunch break I took out my phone only to see City down 2-1 with little time left to play. I was heartbroken.

When I went back to work I kept my phone in my pocket on silent. After awhile I couldn't take it any more so I logged on and saw the headline "City are English Champions!" and my heart jumped. I clicked on the link to read the story and my phone battery died! AAAAAAARRRRGGGGHH!

I had to wait to come back home to see what had happened and then I was in heaven. :-)

Was in a bar in Muscat, Oman, with a few blues, lots of Leeds and scousers being blue for the day and a contingent of reds. At 90 mins I was as disconsolate as I've ever been (even more so than watching on the Kippax when Steve Kinsey missed the sitter against Luton). The reds were giving us heaps and the Liverpool fans were almost in tears.....and then.....joy, joy, unbridled joy. Beer flying everywhere, being hugged to death by a massive scouser, magic moment. When settled down, I turned to give the reds some stick.....they'd gone...was almost gutted.....but not for long.

1-2
"City's cocked it up again. Must not cry, women are watching, they like crying but not for a sport, only manly tears for when your dad dies or something. Don't do it, you'll never get laid again."

2-2
"Wait, wait, wait, what? The boys might do it. They might do it. MUST NOT GET HOPES UP. Don't do it, just don't."

3-2
"OMGWTFISHAPPENINGIHAVENOIDEACITYDOESN'TWINIT'SCITYTHEYALWAYSLOSEBUTWE'REUPNOWHOWINTHEHELLIHAVENOIDEA!"

Final 3-2
"AUOWEUHAVFNAWOENCUAEWGBRPEOAUNAOECG MOREBEERPLEASE KOUAVANENFORCNIANFOERCNAR"

watched it at 9am on monday morning in NZ at a friends house, we have a 5mths old baby who doesn't appreciate me screaming at the telly.
bought wine to calm the nerves, it didn't last long!
Spent a good portion of the game in the kitchen swearing and at 88mins called it as over.
`we can't get it through their bus'
Dzeko scored and i was sitting on teh floor against the door rocking backwards and forwards.
Seconds later i'm on my knees in front of the telly screaming, just screaming!
My mate, a Liverpool supporter was standing and screaming as well.

sad i can't be in manchester for this!

SO....I watch the game alone on my comp. Stressed but pretty confident.
We were really dominating...and i felt alright.
When zaba scored i was super happy because he ttly deserves one. but i knew it was far from over.
Then Cisse tied, my body froze. but still i had loads of faith.
When QPR scored the second I legit lost every sensation in my body. My body stung. I didn t know what to do . It was ten time worst then the feeling i felt when Chelsea scored first at Etihad.
I kept on watching praying the whole. time.
But through my mind, i was looking at the csq of a loss here..." what am i gonna do with myself" "Sliping up at Etihad against QPR would be the most humiliating thing ever to happen to a football team in the history of football" "will Mancini be sacked" "the rags wil win having played horribly" "the Man utd victory would have meant nothing" All the ideas were shooting at my mind, I was dying. Many aged 44 years during that game, but i aged 100 years. I though i was gonna have a heart attack when dzeko's shot went for a thrown.. I really could not bear the tension. I was gonna explode if I continued watching. I had fail, but really at the 89th minutes: I'm pretty sure every fan lost almost all faith. the only ones who didn t were the players of Man city.
I left my comp. and I received a text from my friend the following ten minutes saying "are you crying?" what i understood was that City lost it. ANd yes i was crying, I am a girl and I cried on the coach for 30 MINUTES!! i cried my eyes out. I had to cried like that in at least a year.
Soon enough i got myself back up. My parents stared at me not understanding why i was so distort. They said "its just a game" it does have any impact on ur future, on ur life" --> oh if only they could understand!!!
So i finally decided to go on City site to see what they were saying...and IT said champions!
I was so confused.. I finished watching the game. and yes i was still crying...crying with tears of joy (that what my friend meant when she sent me the text). The day i was going to depressed turned out to be the best day of my life.
I regret not having kept watching the game. But, i understand my reaction completely. Completely. THE most emotional i ve ever been!

I was watching with 4 friends all blues and one Sheffield United fan.

They score their first.... horrible sinking feeling i the pit of my stomach. No it will be alright plenty time left this is a different City now. Barton off..... crazy thoughts did he do it deliberately? No he's just a cock.
Second goal ..... despair felt like i'm trapped in a glass box filling with water in 24 minutes I will be drowned. The minutes tick by.... rising panic I feel sick it cant be, I see tomorrows headlines, I hear their taunts. The despair builds.
90 minutes.... its too late now, I think of Gillingham, I think of Sunderland a few weeks ago, a flicker of hope, no chance the despair crushes me back down. But still just maybe.
Dzeko scores ...... the hope leaps back I make a deal with god just let this happen I will believe forever, don't be stupid there is no god. The horror grabs me again.
93 minutes.... so this is what hell looks like. We attack, Balotelli to Aguero, time freezes a new emotion appears like a speck in the distance rushing towards me. The ball hits the net .....joy a tidal wave of joy, Im screaming im jumping we all form a circle linking arms and scream and jump in time in unison. Oh crap Im going to cry thank fuck I dont smoke they all go out for a cig I run to the toilet and howl like a baby for about 5 minutes.
Later as the Sheffield fan leaves he says that was the best afternoon of his life. Haha ABU I think.

I kept thinking about how the next few days would be if we lose. It was horrible, I was going to have to see my friends and if they were to say something I probably would've lost it, I had to go to a party later on in the day and I would NOT be in proper shape to attend, thankfully I didnt have to worry about it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.