Your emotions/actions/whereabouts from 1-2 to 3-2

I gave up.
The despair surrounding me in the pub (waldorf) was unbearable to see. I walked out, lit a joint and sat on the pavement shouting, "fuckin hell, fuckin hell."
Thinking about it now i don't recall hearing a cheer for Dzekos' goal. There was just the sound of nothing in my head.
Then things go very strange indeed. I seemed to be running up and down London Rd screaming at the top of my voice like some care in the community nutjob on a bad trip.
Somehow, i then found myself crowd-surfing through the Waldorf on a sea of sweaty, beery, teary joy. In one door then out the other, catching a glimpse of Aguero doing an impression of me five minutes earlier.
The rest of the day passed in a blur of table dancing and singing until i woke up on me couch at 4am.

Nearly every emotion.

Despair, anger, frustration, apathy, anger and despair again, hope, elation, shock, joy. Then I cried on the pitch.

I honestly thought we had lost it and was thinking about how shit the next week would be.
Then it was 2-2 and I still thought there was no way we would do it.
The rest was all a blur, I can't remember the goal or anything. Just remember the total euphoria running on the pitch at the final whistle.

I was Aisle 323. it wouldn't have been as bad as it was if it had been CFC or The Arse or anybody, even QPR who would have nicked it, but to let such an opportunity go to the most undeserving crew . . . .

As City fans we must have been thinking that even with the stuff we were seeing before our eyes a bit of a miracle was lurking somewhere.

I was thinking that we'd got last min winners before . . . . . . COME ON! JUST ONE LAST GO!

I normally watch our games in the pub but due to landlord changes in the last few months I have not been able to , so I ended up sat at home alone in front of the pc .

When Zabs goal went in I was screaming and jumping round the room and with my nerves beeing settled by it I started to think about my first game at Maine road in the 70,s ,

QPR 1974 , we won one nill so I took that as a bit of an omen .
then of course the first mistake of the season from our Joleon left me sitting on the edge of the seat .

When their second went in I was distraught and feeling quite glad that I was alone , I hate letting anyone see me cry ( even at my wifes funeral I held it all back till everyone was gone ) .
Then when the Bosnian diamond rose from the crowd and smashed the ball in the back of the net I perked up a bit and the little bit of belief that was still in me was stirring .

I was sat there tears coursing down my face while I was clinging onto the scarf that my Dad gave me in 1998 just before I moved away to Cornwall , remembering the words as he gave it me " wear this on match days and never ever give up "

And then like a flash Sergio skipped the challenge in the box and had me jumping of my seat screaming at the top of my voice , I set off down our street ( In Bolton ) swinging my shirt in one hand and my Dads scarf which was tied to the other hand swinging the other way , once I reached the end of the street I saw my son and his girlfriend who unbeknown to me were in the house upstairs watching a dvd run down after me wondering what was going on .

Jenny ( Stephens girlfriend ) comes from a none football supporting family ( bloody wierdo's if you ask me ) and she was genuinely scared and thought I had done something bad .

Once Stephen had calmed me down I went back up the street to find my glass desktop shattered like a car windscreen and my pc screen lying on the floor still showing the glorious scenes from the stadium

I just sat and cried like a baby for the next half hour leaning against the door keeping Stephen out because that sick fucker had his phone and was trying his best to get some exclusive footage for youtube .

Never in all my my years following football have I ever witnessed an ending to a game like that .

I love being a Blue

I was sat down cursing. Dzeko scoring almost made me feel worse for a split second as I thought fucking typical...

When Aguero scored I cant really remember everything.I just went fcking mental. I had some corporate types next to me a family with mum,dad and kid. I was hugging em all, They must have thought I was a complete nutter as they were not celebrating nearly as much!

Then grabbed my son,danced up and down, screamed, tears, ball out, final whistle,ecstacy,realisation, celebration...............

I never thought the feeling when Dickov scored could be bettered but it was and it will never be bettered again.

That was my pinnacle moment in 35 years of being a ST holder.

It will never be bettered. It was one of the moments of my life....

At 1-2 down with mins to play was the worst i've ever felt as a city fan. To throw it away in the worst possible way to utd was unbearable. At 87mins my 8yr old son ask if we could leave because he could n't take any more and he never wants to go early.
When Aguero hit the winner and it all died down i look at him and he was crying, i just thought he'd been roughed up a bit in the chaos. When it calmed down l asked him if this was the case and he said no "l just could n't believe it was real and that it had really happened".
We sit in 142 and to think we were only 40ft away from the most important goal in city's history is mind blowing.

Sat in CB Tier 3, had given up at 2-1, thought we'd lost it at the final hurdle.
Didn't even get up for Dzeko's goal I was so drained by it all, still didn't think there was hope, then all i remember was Balo slipping and the ball squirming to Aguero, the ball hit the net, and the roof just lifted off. Hugged just about everyone within range, my two brothers, my dad, everyone around us. The most unbelievable moment of my life bar none and I don't think we'll ever see anything quite like it ever again.

Millwallawayveteran1988 said:
I was sat down cursing. Dzeko scoring almost made me feel worse for a split second as I thought fucking typical...

When Aguero scored I cant really remember everything.I just went fcking mental. I had some corporate types next to me a family with mum,dad and kid. I was hugging em all, They must have thought I was a complete nutter as they were not celebrating nearly as much!

Then grabbed my son,danced up and down, screamed, tears, ball out, final whistle,ecstacy,realisation, celebration...............

I never thought the feeling when Dickov scored could be bettered but it was and it will never be bettered again.

That was my pinnacle moment in 35 years of being a ST holder.

It will never be bettered. It was one of the moments of my life....

Nice one.

I wasn't comfortable at 1-0. When they equalised I still thought we'd go on to win. When their second went in I still believed but as the minutes passed I thought we'd blown it. I stared and the $ky and prayed for some help from the spirit world. Edin scored. Shaking my head I thought this was a typical twist of the knife. Typical City. The worst away team in the league playing with ten men and we can't fucking beat them properly even when the title is at stake.

Then the goal that changed EVERYTHING right in front of me. A slow blur it was as it took forever to happen and then utter disbelief and ecstacy as it hit the back of the net and was swallowed up by other Blues clinging on to each other in shared joy. Utter joy and ecstacy. No drug can top that. Kissing and hugging everyone. Tears too. It was Wembley 99 again. But even better. God had intervened again. Put us out of our misery. You've suffered enough lads he must have thought. Bam. Still shaking my head now. It's finally sinking in that after everything we have been through together we are now CHAMPIONS!

Only City.

CTID

My first reaction to going 2-1 down was 'fuck' (like everyone else), then (random) 'that was a really good header (from the east stand you could really see the dive clearly) then a sort of calm - we can score three times in five minutes and we have done several times this season.
I also knew the rags were only 1-0 up, so there was plenty of time at Sunderland and at home for us to turn it around.

But as the minutes ticked by, quiet confidence started to be replaced with growing anxiety, with every save or block until it bypassed panic and was just turning into weary resignation when Dzeko scored. Someone close to me said something like 'I'd sooner it had stayed 2-1' and I knew what he meant - if it was going to end 2-2, the hope that goal would have given in those last few minutes would have been a killer if it had all come to nothing. But I knew we would get a chance - probably one chance only - and I knew we had to take it.

And then, by God, we did. And everyone knows how I felt at that point.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.