Your Favourite City Game

howiedeblue said:
The League Cup game v the Rags in '75
It was my last game as a 15 year old before my parents brought us all back to live in Ireland.
Got my ticket on the day of the game, the buses were on strike so had to bum a lift back to Benchill, happy days.
Last game my dad took me to as a kid. Managed on my own since then....

eastlands oasis said:
Or the 10-1 against Huddersfield

I was at that game.

Games that I've not attended in person but have seen on TV which would come under this banner (from the OP) would have to include:

crushing ManUre at the swamp this season;

coming back from 3-0 down at half-time to beat Spurs in the F A Cup under Keegan at White Hart Lane;

and the immortal 3-2 win against QPR earlier this month (I think if memory serves me right this game had something extra riding on it)

- other than these, and because I never saw Kinkladze play in the flesh, I'd happily go back in time to see him play live.

FA cup semi final 1981 versus Ipswich at Villa Park. I have never seen so many pissed up City fans at a game. As underdogs when Paul Power's free kick went in the celebrations were something special and still really memorable .

I'm quite fond of the 3-1 win against Newcastle when Elano scored that mint free-kick.

I had a good day and I think it was the point when I realised the Pearce chapter was closed. I also remember the floor of the stadium vibrating when everyone sang bluemoon, the first time that had happened for a long time.

The torturous midweek Europa League games deserve some sort of cult recognition as well. Sat on my own watching a shit game, freezing my bollocks off in the snow, but still managing to smile to the Alan chants against Salzburg will stay with me.

The Poznan and the PSG games as well.

For sentimental reasons it would have to be my first game ever, taken to Maine Rd by my Grandad and watched City destroy Leyton Orient 6-0. Remember thinking as a 10 year old this is great and expecting it to be the same every week! The last 48 years have knocked that out of me, but like all of us I'm still in there like the Dusty Springfield song. " Wishing & hoping thinking and praying"
CTID

eastlands oasis said:
The 5-2 FA Cup game against Spurs at Maine Rd 1994 beat a very good Spurs team, remember John Motson saying it was one of the best FA Cup games he had seen
If it's the game I think you're talking about, it wasn't a cup game.

For excitement it was everton away fa cup qtr final 81, it had everything that game, it was not a game we won but I always seem to think about that game as a do or die, on and off the pitch!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.