Your favourite composition from each of these Prog Rock legends

A difficult conundrum you have set our Moon people and difficult to disseminate the wheat from the wheat. Topographic and close to the edge are absolute works of heart. I will give you one of my favourite olden ones from back in 1970 and there were many such as Survival Then and Astral traveler but the harmony on this track always resonated well with me.

And we should never forget the original starship trooper which was very unlike the film of the same name.

Genesis. Cinema Show
Yes. And You And I
ELP. Karn Evil no.9 1st impression. Welcome Back My Friends live version.
Tull. One white duck / 010 = nothing at all
King Crimson. The Night Watch, then whole first album.

Go on then. Fish grew up just up the road from where I live. Derek Dick if memory serves me. I quite liked their early stuff but always thought they were a second rate Gabriel period Genesis.
S

A common misconception perpetrated by the musical press of the time, based largely on Mr Dicks' early liking for facepaint more than the musical content (imo)

Give their last album FEAR a (number of) listens, excellent stuff and very relevant to today

A common misconception perpetrated by the musical press of the time, based largely on Mr Dicks' early liking for facepaint more than the musical content (imo)

Give their last album FEAR a (number of) listens, excellent stuff and very relevant to today
I only ever listened to misplaced childhood and that seemed to confirm that theory although I did enjoy it as a guilty pleasure. I will do as you ask and report back :-)

1. Genesis -- Squonk
2. Yes -- Roundabout
3. Jethro Tull -- never really into them
4. ELP -- ditto, Fanfare for the Common Man, which was a cover, but this was a cover band basically
5. King Crimson -- Three of a Perfect Pair (always liked the Discipline, Beat, 3OAPP records best)
Sqounk is a brilliant track.absolute quality.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.