Your Favourite Edin Dzeko moment?

His first, at Notts County (FA Cup exit without it - Not our first trophy in umpteen years).
The equaliser v QPR (No Aguerooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo 1st PL title moment without it).
His brace in the 6-1.
The goal at Everton which effectively got us the 2nd PL title.
The 4 at Spurs.
His assist at Arsenal in the League Cup.
The goal away in Madrid.

Love you Dzeko my old son.. Even with the occasional comedy moment...
Horse-Exercise-Ball-Fail.gif

All the examples mentioned plus Edin staying down "injured" at the end 13/4 Everton away game.

The lads were out on their feet and Edin killed the game!

On a personal note, it's a bit of a strange one. I was sat in the united end for the 1-6. I had a feeling we'd win that game convincingly and as I was on one of my dad's season tickets I'd resolved to keep schtum if we scored.

Anyway, I'd managed to keep my cover, despite all my natural instincts to the contrary, up to and including Edin's fourth, but when David scored the fifth I went absolutely mental. Maybe it was the 5-1 scoreline and all that it signified, or maybe it was sheer relief that whatever happened in what remained of the game we were going to win at old trafford convincingly, but I went completely apeshit. I didn't mean to; not for the first time with City my emotions got the better of me. Fuck knows what the rags around me must have thought given my reticence thereto, but somewhat understandably it started getting a bit on top pretty much straight away. I had a couple of people with me, and one of them was only twelve at the time and so when Edin missed a couple of relative sitters following Silva's fifth,and some people around us started getting more aggressive, I decided, as the game was pretty much over, to do one.

Got outside the ground and a big cheer went up - and I turned to one of the two people I was with and said that's the full time whistle; we've won 5-1 at old trafford. And as I said it I saw a copper stood with his back to the scoreboard end who must have seen a united fan he knew because he held six fingers up and mouthed six-one to whoever it was - and as he said it I heard the City fans start to sing the Edin Dzeko song and realised we'd scored a sixth.

It's a moment in my life I'll never, ever forget - even though I missed the goal itself.

See - being an early leaver isn't without its compensations ;-)

Honestly...

article-1346121-0CB8840A000005DC-349_634x417.jpg

Contributed greatly to previously unimaginable memories, all the best.

Notts County away
Blackburn away
Palace away
Rags away first goal before I'd finished my first swig of lager, cue rest of lager over sofa, cue very pissed off wife

There are lots of moments but I think the villa home game to make it 1-0 was hugely important and the realisation around the stadium that we were going to win the league again.

One that sticks out for me in terms of what happened is Palace away - I'd watched Chelsea/Dippers at the in-laws and was already grinning, but rushed home to watch City in my own company. Me and the missus had just got 2 cats, weeks old, tiny little things - they shit themselves and scarpered when Edin scored as I went mental, they haven't moved as fast since.

My memory is terrible, but I thought his goal against someone was brilliant. Someone chipped it to him over the defence, his took it on his chest and in 1 movement tucked past the keeper. He may have be celebrating as he struck it before the ball even went in the net.

Spurs away all day. He's scored many important goals for us over the years from being in the right place at the right time but that spurs game he won it singe handedly. 4 superb goals and a masterclass in forward play. Shame he couldn't recreate that very often but he'll always be fondly remembered by all blues. I hope we get to play Roma at some point in the future so we can show him our appreciation.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.