Your favourite ever City away game?

City v Bradford 1989 (?) Final score 1-1 and we got promoted... think Trev Morley scored ? I could be completely wrong
However was in the home end with my old mate Kenny Hand.. What a trip home that day

Agree

Obviously Stoke, Blackburn, Spurs, United and York figure highly but Sven's last game at Middlesboro is a personal favourite.

A 5 hour car trip there followed by a full afternoon/ night on the piss at some huge working man's club followed by a horrible night club/ parmo and chips long walk back to the shitty hotel, followed by breakfast beer in a pub that had die City Scum etched into the dart board, a great sing song in a pub near the ground, right next to the tunnel under the road, the game, the cheering as their goals went in, booing Elano for bothering to put the ball in their net, the over active stewards, the bloke next to me trying to be sick over the home fans and failing miserably, the long drive home including a tea stop at Watford Gap provided by 4 Arsenal fans, they had won 1-0 at Sunderland and took pity on us, and the big collapse when I finally got home.

A proper away weekend.

Lokeren.
hadn't realised it was the size of Middleton. Like a swarm of locust city fans drank everything dry. The temporary stand was bouncing and the station after the match thousands of fans and no trains.

QPR at Loftus Rd 1993 F.A. Cup 4th round. Great day out & excellent result against a talented Rangers side.

West Ham away when we were relegated. I was in the WHU end. We lost, of course, and all the WHU fans went on the pitch as it was the last game of the season. So we followed and walked over to the City fans and was allowed to walk, unchallenged into our end. Not even any City fans gave me a second glance. After a few minutes the WHU fans came over, intent IMO, for a bit of a fight. City fans responded by singing, "We're going down, we're going down, you're not". This amused the WHU fans and it was a love in from then. Scarves swapped over the wall and handshakes all round. They gave us a round of applause on the way to the train station. Always liked WHU after that.

Stoke fancy dress on Boxing ay - Fantastic

WBA the same year I think - We drove off the M6 up the ramp and had our inflatables out of the sunroof in my Capri !!! The Frankenstein inflatable fight where they both made their way from each end of our paddock was hilarious, I remember the policewoman at the front in stitches.

Of course for football reasons Blackburn was awesome.

I've just picked ones I went to that I can remember. I don't do away games now but went to the Munich games. The one when Oktoberfest was on was brilliant. Started drinking in Hofbrauhaus at 10AM straight off the plane and did not want to leave the festival for the game. The Munich fans were fantastic and friendly. I've never needed a toilet as much in my life as walking to the ground, it seemed a million miles away. I got to the ground and went in the first toilet I could find full of Munich fans who let me get to the front, bless them. Watched the whole game with a hand over one eye to avoid looking at 22 players per side!!

Seville last year in the home end surrounded by fellow blues.

Bradford 4 2 win, 87-88 first away win for about 18 months.

The Bradford game was one of my favourite aways ever. 4 of us set off at about 4ish from the Fylde for a 7-45 ko but hit heavy traffic. My mate, who was driving, had been working in West Yorks as a rep and boldly claimed "don't panic lads I know where the ground is we've got plenty of time" or words to that effect. Famous last words... we turned up at Odsall RL ground wondering why it was so quiet! Took us ages to find out where the ground was and even longer to get across the city to the football ground. We parked almost right outside their home end, decamped wearing full colours - much to the delight of the locals and the police, and just about made it in to the away end both unscathed and for kick off. Great performance from the lads and as you say it was ages since an away win (think it was 16 months). Remarkably the car was in one piece when we returned.

Don't know which was the more surprising, the win or an undamaged car.

Stoke away (Francis' debut) and the 3-2 defeat at Notts County whilst chasing promotion right up there though.

Blackburn 2000, cost be crazy money for a ticket, but what a day.....one I will never forget.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.