Your first city game

Derby Home, December 76, lost 3-2.

All I remember is that it was 2-0 by the time we got in to the Platt Lane and that we couldn't find the car after.

And I was fascinated by the crowd, the noise and the lighter flashes. I was counting them.

My first was crewe at home, i sat in the corner of the main stand on the first row i think with the away fans to the left. I remember Goater being my favourite player and scoring a bucketload that day. I cant remember the year or the score but we hammered crew

M memory is getting worse so maybe some older City fans can help out. My first game was away to Oldham and im sure we scored an equaliser to make it 1-1 (can't remember scorer either)....was in the early eighties sometime...i know that may sound a bit vague but memory really is going. I do remember it pissed down most of the second half and my girlfreind at the time wasnt too impressed !

Barnsley at home, 24th Nov 1999, 3-1 win. Horlock, Gareth Taylor and the Goat scored. Dad took me just in time too, I was starting to edge towards the scum. I am grateful to him for saving me.

Return of the Mac said:
M memory is getting worse so maybe some older City fans can help out. My first game was away to Oldham and im sure we scored an equaliser to make it 1-1 (can't remember scorer either)....was in the early eighties sometime...i know that may sound a bit vague but memory really is going. I do remember it pissed down most of the second half and my girlfreind at the time wasnt too impressed !

there was an Oldham away game where the heaven's opened as soon as the game kicked off, I reckon it would have been around Easter 88. hundreds left at half time. I think it was 1-1.

There was also one where it didn't rain but Megson scored on his debut and it was 1-1. this was a few years later I think.

this is all from memory but someone will know...

Didsbury Dave said:
Return of the Mac said:

there was an Oldham away game where the heaven's opened as soon as the game kicked off, I reckon it would have been around Easter 88. hundreds left at half time. I think it was 1-1.

There was also one where it didn't rain but Megson scored on his debut and it was 1-1. this was a few years later I think.

this is all from memory but someone will know...

Cheers Dave

I have found it through statto search and it was the 87-88 season...still cant remember who score our goal though but thanks.

DontLookBackInAnger said:
Arsenal at Home 79/80 season it was Paul Futchers home debut and we drew 1-1

I was locked out of that one, or it may have been a year or two earlier, and my Dad took me to Old Trafford to watch united bloody reserves!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.