Your first City match?

Leicester City away Filbert Street cannot remember which year, Colin Bel'Sl 1st Match after breaking his leg,
he come on as sub last 15 minutes and rocketed one in top corner 1-0 win.CTID.

26th December 1975. As an 11 year old i was smitten with Leeds Utd so my Dad took me for a xmas pressy. Walking home after the match a van full of City hoolies spotted my silk scarf and pulled up. Luckily they realised i was a nipper and we weren't from Yorkshire so me Dad didn't get duffed up. In fact one of the City crew gave me a City scarf, and the rest is history.

1982/83 - I can't remember the opponent - I went with my Dad to my first top flight football game (I was dragged many Rochdale games before this) and many home games that season because my uncle Dave Cross signed as the replacement for Trevor Francis. Scored a few that season, City fan ever since :-)

Manchester City 4 Leicester 2, 1989

I was 6 and my Dad said i cheered all 6 goals haha

It was the game when Paul Lake got knocked out and his tongue blocked his airway and Roy Bailey helped him round

September 1952. City v Burnley 0 - 0. Just had 65th anniversary, you only get 15 years for murder!

September 1952. City v Burnley 0 - 0. Just had 65th anniversary, you only get 15 years for murder!

Wow - beat me by 12 months. City 1 PNE 4 at Maine Road - Oct. 1953 - att. 43,000.
Remember Finney at no. 9. hitting the bar - I could not see much - back of Kippax - as I was - a 'nipper'.

They won 1-0 Fred. Heyes scored and the attendance was just under 60000. If you go into the history section of blue moon it shows every match and the full team that day.
Joe Hayes - goalscorer - Bolton lad...eeeh - those were the days....bovril.....

The old jokes are still around: You could substitute the match , the team ,etc.....BUT
Cheeky young kid to a Big Scouser - who had just parked in one of the streets near Maine Road -
"mind your car Mister" No - my rottweiler is on the back seat , say Big Scouse -
"can it put out fires " replies cheeky young kid.

Just before my ninth birthday, January 1981, FA Cup 4th round. Man City 6 - Norwich City 0.

I thought that's how every game would be....less than three months later, I shed my first tears over a City result thanks to "Tommy Hutch"!

WBA Charity Shield Aug 1968. Won 6-1.... I was there when we weren’t shit!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.