Your first derby memories

de niro said:
sept 67. we lost 2-1 at maine road. think the tout scored. colin for us. was a great occasion though watching both sets of great players.
Yes Bell scored for us at the platt lane end,I was Sat on the front row behind the nets.

TCIB said:
That i proper remember as a blue...

We were winning and they made a sub and hughes or mcclaire did us late on.
I think it ended 3-2 or 3-1, early 90's.

Any older chaps able to put meat on the bones of that match please?
Remember we took Reid off when 3/1 up and they got a 3 all draw think Mcclair scored then
Or we were leading 2/0 and they won 3/2 a couple of years after when cuntana dropped back in 2nd half and tore us apart

moon said:
TCIB said:

Remember we took Reid off when 3/1 up and they got a 3 all draw think Mcclair scored then
Or we were leading 2/0 and they won 3/2 a couple of years after when c**t dropped back in 2nd half and tore us apart
The 3-3 draw was the season after the famous 5-1,then about 4 years later we were 2 up then the fuckers scored 3 think Quinn scored both goals.

my first derby game i went to was called off, on train from Donny and it was full of rags, got to Sheffield and even more got on, got first train back when i found out didn't want to be with them on the way back. my first one in 1977 when we beat Norwich 4-0 then went to blackpool for a week then 3 of us went to watch the derby won 3-1, as we came from the west side we went past the swamp where there was loads of them waiting for buses and we took the piss when we went passed them, glad the car didn't break down or traffic lights turned red lol

September 1962 at Old Toilet. I had been going to matches regularly since the previous season with my dad.

My United supporting cousin (black sheep of the family) thought it would be a good idea to take me a long with a view to getting me support the Rags. I remember we were in the United Rd paddock.

Unfortunately for him City won 3-2 with a last minute winner, I think it was from Alex Harley, and I remember jumping up and cheering. I was only 9 so it didn't get a reaction from the surrounding United fans

Once a Blue always a Blue

August 1960 at Maine Road. It was absolutely pissing down before, during and after the game. I remember standing (no seats back then) in the Platt Lane End just under the overhang of the roof. The result, bizarrely, was that my front got soaked while my back stayed dry. I had a programme in my raincoat pocket and the top bit which was protruding ended up white as all the printing was washed away. I think I've still got it somewhere.

The game was abandoned after about an hour with the score at 2-2. Joe Hayes and Denis Law had scored for City. None of the goals counted of course and only a few months later Law's 6 goals in an abadoned FA Cup game at Luton were also expunged from the records. True to form City lost the re-arranged match 3-1 as they also did in the re-arranged Luton game.

silverback said:
Alex Harley I think got the winner almost the last kick of the match.

3-2 at the Swamp, 62/63. I didn't go, was only 7 at the time but it's my first real memory of a derby, reading the match report in the Pink,

First derby I went to was Sept 66 at the Swamp, the first derby after promotion. City lost 1-0, Law scored and Summerbee had a goal dubiously disallowed for offside.

xgorton said:
moon said:
TCIB said:

Or we were leading 2/0 and they won 3/2 a couple of years after when c**t dropped back in 2nd half and tore us apart
The 3-3 draw was the season after the famous 5-1,then about 4 years later we were 2 up then the fuckers scored 3 think Quinn scored both goals.

Thanks moon and xgorton.
The draw moon noted felt like a loss as much as the actual loss.

If you asked me what is the most "eh what, no this is not the script" moment was it would be that loss.
I seem to remember Hughes or someone for them starting to run the left wing and they got on top mainly from that.
I could be just imagining that though.

Fuck i depressed myself thinking of that now xD

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.