Your First Favorite City Player And Why

Colin_Bell said:
For me it was Paul Power because he played for City like we The fan would have given the chance.

Great servant to the club thats easy to forget because of the level we are at now

Bell - Deyna and Watson

then

Bobby MacDonald - Gerry Gow

Neil Young.

1968 /69 season. A FA Cup replay against Newcastle, evening kick off. After queueing up for ages outside the Kippax getting squashed by the crushing crowd and police horses and hearing the crowd inside the ground roar because the game has just started - desparately trying to get into the ground, running up the steps to the back of the Kippax and emerging to see a packed floodlit Maine Road - pure magic for a 10 year old kid - and there is Neil Young with the ball at his feet, racing through the penalty area at the score-board end, striding through the Newcastle defence and rounding the keeper to slot the ball into an empty net from an acute angle. He runs around the back of the goal his arm raised in salute. A magical moment. We won 2-1. And eventually went onto Wembley...yet another memorable Neil Young goal.

Yes, Bell, Lee and Summerbee were giants of the game and King Colin is a legend and a hero of mine but Neil Young always has a special place in my memories. My user name is not a piss take but more of a comment about how I feel he was treated by the club. Like all fans I am desperately sorry to hear of Neil's current plight. My heart goes out to him.

Curle, Walsh or Huckerby, no idea why, just names from when I was a kid!

EDIT - I know Huckerby isn't from the same era as the other two, just names that stand out!

Niall Quinn

Always thought he was great but when he became the only front man i ever seen save a penalty he became my fav.

Top Man Quinny

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.