Your First Favorite City Player And Why

Dickov even though it was in his last season and he hardly ever played, also carlo nash for some reason.

At the time I started supporting city, it was joe corrigan, kevin bond, asa hartford, david cross, kevin reeves, I could just go on and on up to present day.......

Ive put some thought into this (because im drunk) and ive decided I have 3 first favorite players, as stupid as that sounds.

First, Paul Power.

It was mid to late eighties and I went to work with my old man on a Sunday afternoon in Stockport town centre and the place was dead. All of a sudden along walks Mr Power himself and my dad was excited, overly excited. He tells me who he is and now im excited and they have a chat for what seems eternity about the blues. Good times.

Second, Keith Curle.

I played centre defense for my school team and he was everything I could imagine for a defender at the time. Great in the air and fast as fuck. I remember him doing a 100 metre sprint competition for I think Granada Reports against other North West teams and he ripped them to shreads. He was the best thing since sliced bread for me.

Third, Ricky Holden.

The man was slow as shit as i remember, telegraphed every move he was going to do. But I recall one match, standing in the Kippax and him attempting to cross the ball from the right and hitting the defender right in the bollocks. The player went down like a sack of shit and Ricky held both arms up in celebration. The Kippax went wild. It was fking great. I loved him.

Fun times when the Kippax was all standing.

No 1 is colin bell, No 2 is coline bell etc etc.

Oh & Peter Barnes after that, brilliant winger on either side & scored goals as well.

dw7 said:
david white because he was fast

Don't you mean "fuckin fast"

For me, Colin Bell because he was just brilliant. When we played footy in the school playground, everyone wanted to be Colin Bell

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.