Your First Favorite City Player And Why

Aged just 10 Dennis Tueart gave me the biggest smile after scoring that goal.I was grinning all the way home and still do now when I picture it.

He also nearly turned me to tears when he left for New York and must have felt the pain I was feeling so came back.When I found out he was coming back I was jumping around like a little bean.

First favourite was Franny Lee...he was knocking them in for fun when I was a nipper and first became truly aware of football. My old man won his shirt in a raffle at work and that sealed it for me.

Favourite ever - Colin Bell

This is kinda funny, and completely reasonless, but mine was Nicky Weaver! haha

Don't know why but thought he was class.

I think when I was young (and even now) I really liked the 'unsung hero' in our team. Now it's Vinnie for me. Although not sure he's "unsung" anymore. Perhaps to non-city fans. Got his name on my shirt around this time last season! He changed his bloody number now though!!!

I sort of took to two players at the same time, Shaun Goater and Kevin Horlock. I think I can safely say that it's obvious why I loved the Goat, and Horlock was just amazing in midfield with a sweet left foot.

I actually remember when I was younger I sent a letter to Goater and got one in return and a signed picture haha

got to be kinky, i wish we could go back in time and transport him in to this team. mind you saying that he would more than likely get slagged off by the numptys for not tracking back ect.......

Kinky for me.

I remember being a fan of Quinn, Rosler, Walsh and Beagrie, but only really caught the tail end of their city careers. Their departures left Kinky as the only quality attacking player at the club.

Ali Benarbia for me. Remember finally going to my first City game and Ali was awesome.
I also liked Foe and Wanchope.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.