Your First Game

First home game V Derby County Quinn's penalty save won 2-1.

First away game V Aston Villa won 2-1 Reid and Ward scored, our first away win of the season.

26-8-1970 man city v Blackpool 2-0, haven't got a scooby what happened, but that thank god my dad who supported city and utd didn't ever take to the swamp

In January 1972 and as a 12 year old I watched a 7 goal thriller from the then new part of the North stand which became known as J block. City hammered Wolves 5-2 and it's been plain sailing ever since.

My memory of my first match experience at Maine Road was when I was about 7 or 8. I went with my uncle who lived on Hart Road. We nipped in to the Platt Lane with about 15 minutes to go and I think it was a draw against Liverpool.

Ipswich at home in Feb '98, ended up sitting next to Michael Brown. We lost, but at the age of 7 I still begged my Dad for a City shirt after the game.

Pre-season friendly (I believe) vs Feyenoord. I was about 5 and the only things I can remember were being hoisted over the turnstiles by my Dad, the part-completion of the new Kippax, and the name Tony Coton which was hilariously similar to cotton?!?!

Spurs at home 1961 I think. I didn't go to York and I don't remember half the games I've watched this season but CTID.

Did owt interesting happen in our last game this season?

I was about 10 , we played Burnley at home for the "Charity Shield" or something like that. I think we lost 1-0 but I may be wrong . I am guessing it was about 1970 ish or I am a senile old twat with Alzheimers.

Im 29. Remember my first game clearly for 2 reasons.

1. Id seen my dad go for ages on sat afternoons and suddenly i was going with him for my 6th birthday!

2. I got a royal bollocking! Half way through first half, bloke behind should "this is fuckign shit"

half time my dad says , " so what do you think son"

i say " i think its fuckign brilliant" whack. dont ever use those word haha

it was Plymouth argyle, 3-3 i think.

Paul11/12 said:
Funnily enough i was looking it up the other day, i knew we won 4-0 and i knew it was sheff Utd but now i know it was on Sat 6th March 1976, I was 6 and my dad put me on the wall at the front of the Kippax and he went to the back with his mates. I don't even think he came to check on me at H/T LOL. I got a season ticket the year after but went to the north stand with my grandad!

I remember that game well. 1st home game after we won the league cup and it was my 11th birthday.

I remember it vividly as the players paraded the cup and i spent all my birthday money at the souvenir shop including my bus fare and had to walk back home to Cheetham Hill!

I'm sure a couple of Peter Barnes football trainers were kicked into the crowd also.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.