Your most enjoyable Man City Season?

No mentions for 13/14 yet?

Even though we play much better football under Pep, I'm not sure the games are quite as fun as winter 2013 when we were turning up and hitting 4+ every week with Yaya dominating, Negredo, Aguero, Silva, Nasri as a front 4.

Plus because we could concede plenty, it was a rollercoaster. 6-3 Arsenal was a classic, 7-0 Norwich, 6-0 and 5-1 Spurs, 9-0 West Ham.

Post Mancini sacking I had no expectations for that season, and it just felt quite lighthearted compared to these recent seasons. Plus Gerrard's slip, Crystanbul, Moyes, Malky Mckay being a racist, Tim Sherwood, Everton getting so close to top 4 was all great entertainment.

Wigan was a black mark, but that low definitely made coming from behind in the league more fun.

Last edited:
The 1999-2000 season was brilliant for me. Started off still buzzing about what happened at Wembley, finished off on the pitch at Blackburn on a ridiculously sunny day. Fantastic stuff (and was also the season the Goat really came to the fore).

This year has the potential to be the best - imagine winning all three domestic trophies and winning the league on the last day from the dippers - that would be heavenly!

Apart from the obvious seasons, I would go for the overachievement of 99-00, when we seemed to win against the odds on so many occasions, frequently with the last kick of the game.
Mark Kennedy on fire, Weaver's goalkeeping against Ipswich, and a midweek 4-2 victory over Portsmouth when we were losing and outplayed for so long.
There was also the hysteria surrounding the last couple of games against Birmingham and Blackburn, and the genuine warmth between the players and fans,(which has never been repeated), as we roared them back to the Premier League.

It was a great summer to be a blue, until we got stuffed 4-0 at Charlton the following August.

The Centurions season.

The 11/12 was amazing for the Aguero moment but I found a lot of it frustrating because we never really reached our potential.

Enjoyed 07/08 as well.

2012 and last one, for obvious reasons.

A special mention to Sven's first half of the season, 07/08; I just felt so happy and content with everything regarding the club. New owner, Sven brough class and elegans, and HOPE. Elano, Johnson, Ireland... I loved them days.

It's all been one big long season since 1970 for me, the highs the lows, bitter disappointment laced with pure joy and mediocrity. I wouldn't change a single thing... All that we have been through makes us what we are, the best fans of the best club on the planet ...

01/02 was a great season. We played some brilliant stuff and it was just a really fun season. Remember our form was really patchy up until October and then we just clicked and started scoring for fun. Think we only lost at 3 league games after that. The Burnley home game sticks out. We were unbelievable that day and completely torn them apart in about 30 minutes

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.