Your most enjoyable Man City Season?

Strangely enough, I always look back on the season with Kevin Keegan in 2001-2002 when we smashed in 108 goals and had some little wizards. With the likes of Ali Bernarbia, Eyal Berkovic and Christian Negouai in our ranks then the football was breathtaking.

I'd agree with this, other than the bit about Negouai obviously

Taking out the more obvious seasons where we've won cups, August 2007 to Feb 2008 were the best months I've had watching City. After all the shit we saw under Pearce the likes of Elano and Petrov were great to watch. First time in 34 years we did the double over United.

Last season obviously and 2012, but for the atmosphere and thrills it has to be the Keegan championship season. Watched it on you tube last week, fantastic entertainment and City fans really up for it back then.

I really enjoyed the 1988/89 season when we got promoted at Bradford. Always remember going to Stoke away when everybody went in fancy dress, Nigel Gleghorn opened the scoring & we proceeded to get tonked 3-1.

My favourite season until 2012. I was 18 for most of it, everything's great when you're 18.

Last season was incredible but I think 2011/12 is probably unbeatable with it being our first and the way we won it

2011/12 was certainly the most memorable with lots of highs, some real lows and culminating in the ultimate high. Not sure if it makes it the most enjoyable because March was pretty depressing with only one win in five and the rags pulling ahead and taking the piss. The 85th to the 92nd minute of the last game was when frustration turned into the ultimate low but when it comes down to it having those lows makes the highs even better.

Surely after 11/12 (and possibly other recent successful seasons) it has to be the 3rd Division Season where we finally (eventually) turned it around. Going to places like Macclesfield and Colchester (where I seem to recall it was pay per view) was just brilliant fun.

Last season. Leaving aside the wonderful football it was the absence of stress, meaning I could sit back and enjoy it. After years of last minute drama's and angst, we had the league as good as sewn up early and easily won the league cup final against Arsenal. I am glad I enjoyed it because it looks like normal service is resumed this season.

I find myself nodding at a lot of these nominations, so I'll go for a different one: 2008/9, not for the quality of the football, not for the league position, not really for the on field stuff at all (thought the UEFA Cup was quite fun), but more because of the feeling that it was going to be the start of something - that the modest league position didn't overly matter because it was all going to change very, very soon. So that season was almost like a holding year, the thrill of Robinho coming was going to just be the start. And for the first time in my life it wasn't just hope that City might be challenging soon, it was absolute certainty. Wonderful.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.