Your most personally moving moment in sports history (apart from City)

The 2012 Ryder Cup comeback by Europe known as the Miracle at Medinah . Gripping prolonged drama.
One of the dirty secrets of American golf fandom is how many Americans actually root for the Europeans because so many American pros are unlikeable. How the fuck am I cheering for that cheat Patrick Reed or this douchebag Bryson DeChambeau? Long way from Fred Couples vs. Colin Montgomerie; it was much easier to be for the USA then.

Again, golf is not normally a sport that I practise or take any interest in. I sort of follow the four majors, in a vague kind of way, was impressed by Tiger Woods winning the Masters two years back, and was pleased for the ‘old guy’ Mickelson recently.
But I always follow the Ryder Cup. I actually can't think of any other sporting event that pits Europe, collectively, against America, and I think that's part of what makes it so interesting. It's also just about the only thing that Europe really cooperates on. Even the Brits pitch in! By the way, after Brexit, is that going to change?

JJ
I don't think there are many. The Mosconi Cup in pool is based loosely on the Ryder Cup, as is the Weber Cup in ten-pin bowling. There's also the Solheim Cup for women golfers and the two long-running amateur golf tournaments, the Walker and Curtis Cups, but these last two are just GB and Ireland versus USA, as the Ryder Cup used to be.

Yes Danny and Paul, Danny is having a rough time at the mo he has a small tumour on the brain causing memory loss etc found it a couple of weeks ago. Danny has been dogged with injuries and more serious stuff and i'm sure he will beat this he is a great guy as is Paul. Them Sculthorpes are tough as boots

M

ike Gregory what a nice guy, taken too young.

Yes Danny and Paul, Danny is having a rough time at the mo he has a small tumour on the brain causing memory loss etc found it a couple of weeks ago. Danny has been dogged with injuries and more serious stuff and i'm sure he will beat this he is a great guy as is Paul. Them Sculthorpes are tough as boots

Mike Gregory what a nice guy, taken too young.
Hope things work out for Danny mate.

well there is 93;20 of course but also for me Andy Murray winning at Wimbledon. I don't really like tennis but after his breaking down when losing a couple of years before to see someone do something ( British man win the Wimbledon title ) I just took for granted would never happen in my lifetime I found moving. Dame Kelly Holmes at London 2012 gets a mention in despatches too.

ROI v Romania, Italia 90.

David O'Leary steps up to take the decisive sudden death penalty. Hes not played for about 4 years. Slots it home, cool as you like. The stadium erupts.

Think someone is chopping onions, as I type this hahaha

ROI v Romania, Italia 90.

David O'Leary steps up to take the decisive sudden death penalty. Hes not played for about 4 years. Slots it home, cool as you like. The stadium erupts.

Think someone is chopping onions, as I type this hahaha
I was there, behind the goal.
Atmosphere after was unbelievable. Similar to 93:20 in a lot of ways. Crowd stayed for about 25 minutes or more afterwards just singing.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.