Your personal lowest point as a City fan

Luton.

I was about 20 at the time and was still clinging onto us being a big team that was just slumbering and 'the next season' we'd be up the top again.

I'd seen us win the LC in '76 and took it in my stride thinking it would be the first of many, seen us lose to Spurs in '81. But fucking that fucking Luton game will haunt me forever, it was the first time I cried at a match and it didn't happen again until Wembley last season.

inbetween said:
ban-mcfc said:
Being 2-0 down to gillingham, watching in my neighbours, he was laughing.

Going to school after being beat by county was a joy.

Losing to blackburn in the fa cup quarters in 2007. Thinking il never see us win anything.

Being 2-1 to qpr is probably the worst ive ever felt though in all honesty watching city.

Have to agree, being 2-1 down to QPR and also 2-0 down against Gillingham have to be the worst feeling i've had, luckily all of them turned out later to be the most memorable highs!

Im in 116 so stand up. On the 89th minute i was slumped in my seat in tears, planning my next week. I was going to stay in my room, no tv, no media, no contact with the outside world.

It was a horrid, horrid part of my life but just 4 minutes later was the best.

jimharri said:
Too many to mention. But, to name a few;

All the relegations
Owen's last minute winner in the 4-3
Scholes' last minute winning header at COMS (as it was then)
Rooney's last minute winning header in the LC s/f
RVP'S last minute winner at the Etihad (a pattern developing here!)
West Ham beating us in the q/f of the cup at COMS (Dean Ashton with both goals)
Forest in the cup 3 bloody 0
Liverpool beating us to the league by a ppint in 1977
Liverpool beating us in the LC s/f in '81. Alf fucking Grey
The Halifax and Shrewsbury defeats in the late 70s
Ricky fucking Villa
Judas Kendall running back to the wife

I could go on, and on, and on, and on.....

Thanks for all of that, you have just re- opened a number of old scarred memories

Mine is def City 0-Bury 1. I was that depressed I was sat underneath the stand by myself eating a meat & potato pie and having to listen to radio comentry from picadilly radio. Gary Owen, non stop moaning.
Another was a match vs Middlesborough when fans were taking the piss out of City players especially Kenny Clements. That was the nearest to packing it in

Getting turned over at Stockport and watching inept players like Ged Brannon wearing a City shirt.
The opening of the Umbro stand to replace Platt Lane.
Maine Rd closure.
Roy Bailey getting sacked.
Colin the kings comeback and realising he'd never be the same.
Lakey!

Prestwich_Blue said:
Off the pitch it was in June 2008 when I got a phone call to tell me the club was days away from administration. I think the latter one was worse overall.

I think you should write a book detailing that summer of 2008, Colin.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.