Your standout City memory...

Tomlo45 said:
AcceptedWalnut said:
I always remember the game against Burnley under Keegan for some reason. Did they come to Maine Road top of the league or something like that? At half time it was 4-0 with a Wanchope hat trick.

This was my first ever city (grew up with a rag family) Carlo Nash saved a pen too. be nice to know what end he saved it at, as I was right behind the goal but can't remember now was only about 10.

Fairly sure it was saved infront of the north stand but then I could be wrong. I remember saying to my dad aswell he's gonna save this.

When the man himself finally put pen to paper on his contract.

God bless him.

pr9t.jpg

the game that always stands out for me as a kid was the home game vs Ipswich in 1999 after we'd been promoted to the 2nd tier again. we won 1 0, i think and weaver had an absolute blinder that day<br /><br />-- Sat May 12, 2012 3:04 pm --<br /><br />and the nowrich game where tiatto booted the water bottles after getting sent off

AcceptedWalnut said:
Fairly sure it was saved infront of the north stand but then I could be wrong. I remember saying to my dad aswell he's gonna save this.

Yeah I'm pretty sure it was the north stand too I was convinced too haha

Tomlo45 said:
AcceptedWalnut said:

Yeah I'm pretty sure it was the north stand too I was convinced too haha
Was north stand. Nash saved it at 1-0 and we went on to score another 3 in front of the platt lane in the first half.

That was the day we all had a gut feeling we were going to kick on and win that division.

So many memories, so many great moments and so many dark moments.

I walked out at half time against Bradford, think it was before Christmas sometime and I think we won the game 1-0 with a last minute Tony Vaughan winner. I walked across the Kippax car park and straight into the Sherwood and got pissed out of my head. I knew we was going to get relegated that season, there was apathay in the boardromm and on the pitch and I thought it had crept into the stands and we'd also accepted our fate. I wanted to make a protest so much I went home and the following morning ripped up my season ticket and took a sabatical. Weeks later that fan did the same thing on the pitch and it made the point I had felt weeks earlier.

I attended the last game of the season as a guest of Willie Donachie, i'd interviewed him for BTH' s fanzine (Willie was my boyhood here) and told him i'd given up and had ripped up my season ticket. He brought me back into the fold and as I sat and watched us lose to QPR in typical City fashion with Jamie Pollocks og I knew this was a place you can never walk away from.

Tomorrow will be the start of every dream we've ever dream't.

bluesteve1964 said:
waterloo blue said:
1972,0-0 draw with Stoke my first game.
Watching a bloke get laid out in the North Stand for daring to slag off Colin Bell.
Leeds in the F.A. cup,the violence was unbelievable to me and I had relatives in Salford.(first away game).
Halifax in the cup,watching City fans trying to twat the players.
Borussia Munchengladbach,first Euro tie three days off school and carrying my dad back to the hotel after the game,I still have a stein with their badge on from the bar.
Shrewsbury Town and loads of blues handcuffed to railings outside the cop shop.
The sense of anticipation every other Saturday,when we boarded Woods coaches on Oldham Road and went down to Maine Road.The banter on the bus,smokers up stairs and my dad handing our season tickets over,whilst he ducked into the Denmark or the Legion.
Legging it down the road from the Old Abbey,one season we managed to miss the kick off at every game.

Made up. Never thought I would get a mention in someones Stand out City memory! It makes the £50 fine worthwhile now.
You wouldn't be the only one,they must have filled the cells.
By the way did a lad take orders for the chippy and then do one with the money.If so take a trip up to Hurst Cross in Ashton and ask anyone for the biggest blue they know and there's the culprit.

First europe away at lisbon with my dad and brother, great day out

elano's free kick against newcastle - had only seen city under pearce so that was a pleasent suprise.
Quite a few memories from the Sven era actually

1-2 Munich anniversary - we are impeccable

Owen's goal 4-3
Roony's goal 3-1 CC and 2-1 overhead kick and celebration (i know that one will last)
Scholes' goal 0-1

8-1 at boro

oasis turning up at watford - "who the fucking hell are you!" (think we relegated them 1 all draw)

2-4 at chelsea

etc
etc

lots good and bad I suppose, thats why I love football

PS: anytime we score and I'm with my Dad and brother

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.