Your standout City memory...

One of the earliest memories I have is when we were relegated by Ipswich in the 2000-01 season. The match ended 2-1 and I just remember that bastard Matt Holland's goal, I was only 9/10 at the time but I remember crying and feeling absolutely gutted.

Another one, and I'm not sure why because it wasn't especially spectacular, was watching the F.A cup match vs Newcastle in the 2001-02 season when we lost 1-0.
Played some enjoyable football that season. I remember feeling gutted after that match and how much I hated Given for making some top saves for Newcastle...then down the line he ended up with us...oh how irony works.

Also the semi final last year against the rags. Every year I go to my auntie and uncles for the the derby's (with a few exceptions when I've been lucky enough to get tickets) and when we scored I just remember hugging my uncle and jumping up and down like a lunatic in sheer elation.

Tbh I could go on and on

I have loved every second supporting City in my 21 year old life, highs and lows n' all. I haven't experienced what some of you lot have over the years but whatever the future holds; I will always bleed blue.

Roll on Sunday!

1972,0-0 draw with Stoke my first game.
Watching a bloke get laid out in the North Stand for daring to slag off Colin Bell.
Leeds in the F.A. cup,the violence was unbelievable to me and I had relatives in Salford.(first away game).
Halifax in the cup,watching City fans trying to twat the players.
Borussia Munchengladbach,first Euro tie three days off school and carrying my dad back to the hotel after the game,I still have a stein with their badge on from the bar.
Shrewsbury Town and loads of blues handcuffed to railings outside the cop shop.
The sense of anticipation every other Saturday,when we boarded Woods coaches on Oldham Road and went down to Maine Road.The banter on the bus,smokers up stairs and my dad handing our season tickets over,whilst he ducked into the Denmark or the Legion.
Legging it down the road from the Old Abbey,one season we managed to miss the kick off at every game.

As loads of other have said i to have probably got too many to mention but two contrasting ones that stick out are...

My first ever game, 6th Oct 1973 Southampton at home and we drew 1-1 and the other one is going to Italy in 1992 to watch the pre season tour. I went on a coach that we organised from the Chaddy Tavern pub, met some brilliant people and had the best football trip of my life

1. Game at Blackburn when they won the title. Easter Monday I think, 3-2. Gorgeous Keith Curle penalty and Rosler goal.

2. Gillingham. The range of emotions was sickening.

3. Probably this seasons derby tbh.

so many memories both good and bad.

Apart from the obvious of last years cup final/semi and wembley 99, a couple games from the early 90s spring to mind (dont remember the exact years) - we beat liverpool 2-1 (the one with david whites scorcher that hit the underside of the crossbar and the was it/wasnt it over the line debate
Also we beat Arsenal 1-0 and just remember City running the clock down in the last 5 minutes with our keeper (Coton I think, maybe wrong) rolling the ball out to nearest defender, said defender then waiting for arsenal forward to come challenge him, then calmly passing it back to the keeper. Each time this worked was greeted with a cheer from the Kippax

my first ever city match.. city 6-1 wba, charity shield 1968, seems a very long time ago now, but i remember the really hot weather and the goals kept flying in, just never forget it , one of the worse was seeing city lose to wolves in 1974 at wembley, hard to take that defeat as a kid.never forget thier fucking goalie,he was inspired that day

Oldham away, early 80's. Outside the ground at ten mins to kick off and there were hundreds of Blues not being allowed in by the local constabulary. A few Blues were buying hotdogs from a seller who was selling them through a large exit gate at the top of the old Rochdale Rd end, there was no stand then, just a strip of grass about 30 yds wide, and it was pissing down, then the terracing. A load more Blues started rattling the gate and it burst open allowing all the Blues outside to pile in.
I'll never forget the look on the coppers face as he tried to get a grip of loads of Blues piling through and disappearing into the crowd, he ended up on his arse in the mud. The funniest thing though was the hotdog seller, his cart had been trampled and he was stood staring in bewilderment at the backs of the blues quickly disappearing into the hordes on the terracing.
Great memory, funny as fook if you'd been there.

best early memory was Tommy Hutchisons headed goal 81 final, had me running round room screaming me head off. only to be gutted when his deflected header leveled it up

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.