Your standout City memory...

For some reason, one that really stands out is City v Blackburn at Maine Road. 2 nil down... Danny Tiatto gets brought on. Gets sent off within minutes. We draw 2 - 2.

Neville feeding Goater in the last Derby at Maine Road is my immediate memory as it was the first time I'd watched us beat them. More recently, the 2-1 home win against Chelsea in 2009/10 season springs to mind for no particular reason. Chelsea 1-0 up, City get back to 2-1 and then Lampard misses a Penalty. It was an incredible atmosphere.

waterloo blue said:
1972,0-0 draw with Stoke my first game.
Watching a bloke get laid out in the North Stand for daring to slag off Colin Bell.
Leeds in the F.A. cup,the violence was unbelievable to me and I had relatives in Salford.(first away game).
Halifax in the cup,watching City fans trying to twat the players.
Borussia Munchengladbach,first Euro tie three days off school and carrying my dad back to the hotel after the game,I still have a stein with their badge on from the bar.
Shrewsbury Town and loads of blues handcuffed to railings outside the cop shop.
The sense of anticipation every other Saturday,when we boarded Woods coaches on Oldham Road and went down to Maine Road.The banter on the bus,smokers up stairs and my dad handing our season tickets over,whilst he ducked into the Denmark or the Legion.
Legging it down the road from the Old Abbey,one season we managed to miss the kick off at every game.

Made up. Never thought I would get a mention in someones Stand out City memory! It makes the £50 fine worthwhile now.

My first ever City away game vs QPR in the FA Cup 1993

The 3 days in Brussels taking in the Lokeren game in 2003

The semi final at Wembley last season

All great memories, hard to pick the best but I think the semi last year just edges it.

Bert Trautmann signing my autograph book on the front steps at Maine Road going home after training. I was 9.
Love City with a passion bigger than the galaxy.............

Shauny doing the robot after scoring against united

berkovics worldy against ipswich

wembley 99 had to go in a wheel chair with my disabled cousin because they where the only tickets available

8-1 defeat to boro was an epic day loved the banter and chaos got smacked on the back of the head of a flying chair .

I always remember the game against Burnley under Keegan for some reason. Did they come to Maine Road top of the league or something like that? At half time it was 4-0 with a Wanchope hat trick.

Also watching Kinkys goal vs Southampton on repeat on the mounted TV's outside the toilets at HT with everyone shouting whey everytime he took it passed someone then cheered when he lifted it over the keeper.

AcceptedWalnut said:
I always remember the game against Burnley under Keegan for some reason. Did they come to Maine Road top of the league or something like that? At half time it was 4-0 with a Wanchope hat trick.

This was my first ever city (grew up with a rag family) Carlo Nash saved a pen too. be nice to know what end he saved it at, as I was right behind the goal but can't remember now was only about 10.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.