Your standout City memory...

Running onto the pitch at Newcastle in 1968 with me dad
The kings comeback v Newcastle
Getting chased with me best mate nick by 20odd Geordies around Wembley in 1976
Standing outside the Sherwood before the game when I was a kid waiting for me dad and uncle graham
Last derby at Maine Road
The more you think the more memories there are - that's what City are all about as Frankie Beverley said "Joy n Pain"

Mine is a fa cup game more years ago than I care to recall.......

Huddersfield away in a 3rd round game. Bearing in mind we had beaten this team 10 - 1 a few weeks earlier. We went 1 up and cruising. Then the game went typical City and with a few mins to go we found ourselves 2 - 1 down.

Free kick 25 yards outlet of umming and arring as to who should take it. Lot of discontent in the away end.

Who picks up the ball.........bloody Gidman.

Anyone but him.....

He duly curls in a beauty........cue pandamonium !

Typical City - great days !

Rammyblues said:
Our take over and the fallout because overnight we became owned by the wealthiest people on earth.

I think this... followed by Taggart's meltdown last Monday...

before that.. up until even the autumn of this year, the pisscan had still maintained
a) there's no value in the market (i.e. we are skint)

and b)
just before playing us at the swamp "we've played all the big teams..." (shit w've still got City I can't show fear)

At 75 minutes at the Etihad, the toys were well and truly chucked out of the pram...

bye bye Baco.... we've only just begun....

Rammyblues said:
Our take over and the fallout because overnight we became owned by the wealthiest people on earth.

I went to the shop that morning..came back..switched on sky sports news and the ticker along the bottom was running along saying '30 million bid lodged for Berbetov from Manchester....and I had to double take when it was City

Such a mad day..spent 15 hours glued to SSN

Rammyblues said:
Getting relegated by Luton and David Pleats antics.

Wembley 81 both games
Wembley last year semi final and final in fact the final is the first time I have broken down and wept for joy since the Luton game which was total despair.

My Grandad took me to that game(Luton)
with my old fellah too !! It wasn't my first City game but is one that sticks in my mind.

Going to Oakwell playing Barnsley on a New Year s day in the open end getting my nuts frozen off, god it was cold. Same at Ayresome Park with Middlesborough I can't remember the scores just the freezing fucking weather. :-) Or going to Oldham in a pre season friendly in that open end the heavens opened and getting absolutely pissed wet through and saying to our kid what the fuck are we doing :-)

Drenched from head to toe after watching City 1 Sunderland 0 on a Wednesday Night in Spring 1977 from Windy corner. 'Sheltered' in the shadow of the Platt Lane stand but it provided no protection at all. The game got comical at the end with huge pools of water everywhere. (It must have been close to being abandoned.)

Got the (then) 147 bus home (now 157x) which resembled a steam room by the time the bus got to Withington. Awesome experience.

The Goat chipping Barthez at Maine Road to make it 3-1 to City

Geovanni v West Ham to seal the three points, Sven's first game in 2007, City end went insane

Team's coming out v United in the semi at Wembley, thinking "I'm actually watching City at Wembley" then...

Full-time whistle v United at Wembley, grown men in tears absolutely brilliant, we're in a final!

Yaya scoring the winner v Stoke in the final

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.