Your standout City memory...

As I am only 17:
When we losted to Stockport and getting the piss taken out of me.

Losing in the Carling Cup Simi-Final

Only getting to standed in the Kappax for one season wish it could of been more

Spending my last bit of momey I had to go to Liverpool away last season and not buying my mum a birthday present coz i had. She was pissed of but it had to be done! :p

Good:
Takeover

Simi final

final

standing on the top of the blocks when we scored are third at OT and every one doing the Poznan felt on top of the world

Hey Jude and Oasis after the Rags and all my family had fuck off but i had to stay coz they did it to me when we where at OT in the carling cup

Newcastle away seeing some 40 years od that on the floor crying and not watching the match after we scored the first and not looking again until we scored the second you could til how close we where.

Porto away first euro and best two days ever!!

and finally SUNDAY!!!!!!!!

Has to be Dickov at the old Wembley for me, I was in Cyprus with the patio doors open........... When Gillingham scored the 2nd I shouted "Bollocks" so loud my missus kicked me out and I had to run down to the Naafi bar to watch the remainder of the game..................... Just made it

i was thinking back over the years of the games that stick in my memory. my first away game comes to mind, 0-0 against burnley tueart missed a pen and then we get another pen he scores but it has to be retaken and i think peter barnes takes over and misses.1976 i was 10 years old.

Best : Wembley play off. End empty only to re-fill when Dickov scored. Noel Gallagher coming back in as well an getting mobbed.

Worst : David Pleat skipping across the pitch in his dodgy suit/white shoes kerb crawling clobber.

The wigan semi that got us to the playoff final where goat scored whith his arse. I can see me patting dickov on the u tube vid during the pitch invasion.
Then off to the friendship after where we got p1ssed and sang, until a rag copper turned up on his own, started a riot and then arrested everybody once his support came.
Some random american guy was there clebrating with us, i just remember thinking what the fuck is an american doing here. He got arrested too.
Great night

Alan Kernaghan's 40 yard goal against Leicester in the coca cola cup (my first game). Standout memory.

Being a kid standing in the Kippax, warm beer and cold pies in the North stand, Kinky's goal against Southampton, the 3-3 against Newcastle (curle and asprilla kicking off), the 5-2 against Spurs which is one of my favourite games, losing to bury, losing to oldham, were going up, were going down, were going up, were going down. Wembley 99, last game at Maine road, shaun's goal against united in the 4-1, semi final against united, final and the 3-4 against Spurs is the craziest game of football ever. The 0-1 defeat against Boro with their only shot on target being the Sun Jihai og. Not being at Ewood park for the Blackburn promotion :(

blueshortshorts said:
As a kid sat in the north stand with my scarf with badges of all the players faces on (corrigan, Doyle , Hartford ,Watson , donachie) . The smell of pipe tobacco and the sound of Helens bell ringing. The green turf glistening as dusk fell and the floodlights flickered on. Watching the hazy smoke rise from the mass of bodies crammed into the kippax....happy childhood memories :)

You've nearly got me blubbing at my desk here - the Weds night games especially the UEFA Cup (plus the England U-21s with Big Joe in goal as the overage player) are definitely my fondest memories. Junior Blues' "silk" scarf, lumberjack jacket, flask of Oxo (not Bovril). Happy days indeed.

During an abject performance against Bury at home, I think during the season when we were on our way down to the 2nd division, I remember feeling as low as I had ever done watching City and then out of nowhere the entire ground sang "stand up if you love City". Whatever happens on the pitch, I've always been proud to be blue.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.