Your standout City memory...

BlueMo' said:
Blue Tooth said:
The Good
Me and my son singing our heads off on the tube, in the pub, on the roundabout, in the ground.... for the FA Cup Semi...totally fucking magic day.

Colin Bell comes on second half v Newcastle, Boxing Day...most emotional I have ever seen/heard a crowd.

Dickov's equaliser at Wembley.

Peter Barnes Chipping Pat Jennings...pure football gold.

The Bad
Wolves league cup final 1974...fucking Gary Pierce
Tottenham Hot 'fucking' Spurs 1981
David Pleat

The Ugly

Leeds away in the late 70's.

-- Thu May 10, 2012 11:40 pm --

MaineStandMoaner said:
Barnes against Chelsea was unplayable that day.

Chelsea fullback got a red if I remember right.Twisted fooking socks an all.
You must be about my age.
Aren't things great these days ?
Never thought i'd see it...CTID

49 this year mate and am enjoying every second.

play off 99
1 - 6
fa cup semi and final
the buzz of buying robinho
spuds comeback
battering the spuds 5 - 1

but for me, bernabias back heel set up

Marvin said:
Stuck on Wembley way after Gillingham game.

4-0 defeat in League Cup Q/F at Selhurst Pk.

I remember that QF! I'd just started supporting City. Head full of magic about how we would win the cup

Tony Adcock said:
Mine is a fa cup game more years ago than I care to recall.......

Huddersfield away in a 3rd round game. Bearing in mind we had beaten this team 10 - 1 a few weeks earlier. We went 1 up and cruising. Then the game went typical City and with a few mins to go we found ourselves 2 - 1 down.

Free kick 25 yards outlet of umming and arring as to who should take it. Lot of discontent in the away end.

Who picks up the ball.........bloody Gidman.

Anyone but him.....

He duly curls in a beauty........cue pandamonium !

Typical City - great days !

Correct. finished up sat in a puddle.Remeber the crutch thrown at the ref when McNab was sent off

Plus the 2nd replay when Varadi scored. Remember<br /><br />-- Thu May 10, 2012 11:28 pm --<br /><br />
blueshortshorts said:
As a kid sat in the north stand with my scarf with badges of all the players faces on (corrigan, Doyle , Hartford ,Watson , donachie) . The smell of pipe tobacco and the sound of Helens bell ringing. The green turf glistening as dusk fell and the floodlights flickered on. Watching the hazy smoke rise from the mass of bodies crammed into the kippax....happy childhood memories :)

You've got to be early 40's. That could be me!

Wellsblue21 said:
play off 99
1 - 6
fa cup semi and final
the buzz of buying robinho
spuds comeback
battering the spuds 5 - 1

but for me, bernabias back heel set up
Ali B's Heel likes this! :-)

Getting interviewed by GMR outside Maine Road after we lost at home to Bury back in 98. 16 years old and wondering why always us. Puts things in perspective really.

sundave said:
My old man dragged me down to the Wagon + Horses in Handforth to see the cast of The Dustbin men off granada, it was cup final day 1969 and it was snowing and it was 8-o-clock in the morning, i thought he'd lost his bloody marbles, the cast and crew were off to Wembley cos Gerry was supposed to be a City fan and they were filming for the tv show, I told my dad I was going home cos it was freezing and I was starving, he said you can eat on the coach lad, we're off to the match, that's the one and only time i kissed my dad in public and he was not happy.

Food and beer on the way down, fantastic seats at Wembley, Nellys goal, going mental, more beer on the way back, Gerry leaning out of the coach on the way back and pissing on a Leicester coach and the Leicester fans applauding him, absolutely fucking brilliant!!!

And to top it off the landlord of the Wagon stayed open for us and we got home dinnertime the day after.

I fucking love my DAD.
Brilliant story that mate

To many dark days but here's a few memorable ones frm me:

City 2-3 United at Maine Rd after being 2-0 up - I cried that night
United 5-0 City
Robbed in the FA Cup at the swamp.
Alan Ball
Lomas keeping the ball in the corner.
Steve Coppell
Relegation to the 3rd tier and Gio's last game.
Losing to Mansfield in the Jonhstone Paint Trophy
Beanie

That season we went down to division 2 I was at the Stockport game, April I think it was, with only a handful of games left and we needed a win (We did 4-1). Goater put us 1-0 up after 5mins. We were still celebrating when Stockport put in the equaliser. I remember thinking It'll always feel like this.

Good times:

Maurizio Gaudino
Rocastle's debut (v Norwich I think)
City 1-1 Spurs opening game of the season Gio debut, I remember thinking he's a god amongst mere men.
Nearly crashing my car listening to 5Live celebrating the 1st of 3 goalsv Blackpool opening day in division 2
99 Play Off Final
Win at Blackburn to clinch promotion.
Kevin Keegan, Bernarbia and Berkovic
Signing Anelka
Last Maine Road Derby
Munich Anniversary win (I was in a back packers in a remote part of Oz no bars open and getting text updates from my brother).
The take over - Again in Oz no access to internet and Fox news not reporting it, I thought it was a wind up.
Robinho's free kick against Chelsea
Mancini
The Semi
The final
The 6-1

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.