Your standout City memory...

My standout City memory isn't a game, it's the walk me and my dad did when we were going to Maine Road. We'd park next to Whitworth park then walk across the park, then down Heald Street, queue outside Claremont Chippy (for what seemed a frigging age!) for Chips and Curry (best ever curry sauce from that place!), down Claremont road whilst trying not to stain my City shirt with Curry sauce, then onto Maine Road, past the old City Store, past the players entrance, into our turnstyle and home!

How I miss that walk. :(

Getting relegated at Stoke in 1998.

As it turned out I enjoyed most of the season after in the third division. It was quite fun. All season I thought we were going to go up, even when we were fourteenth. And we did!

But that feeling when we got relegated into that division at The Birtannia; I think about it from time to time and that was a very powerful feeling. Not good!

5-1

the sit down protests outside Maine road

the kippax last stand

signing of kinky boots

signing of robinho

the fights in the kippax car park in the lower divisions Stoke, et al..

oh and Gillingham 99

Chippy on yew tree lane

Pollocks og

Yaya's semi final goal last year

Niall Quinns volley away at Spurs

The comeback vrs Spurs away in the FA cup

TBH when I think about it there's too many to mention

Walking to my seat on Kippax AA lower throught the gap between the North Stand and the Kippax. Maurizio Gaudino smashed the ball past the keeper with four minutes gone.

A real surreal moment as it was, for my viewing, the first player I had seen touch the ball, I couldnt see any other players on the pitch or even view the stadium, just the act of scoring.

Watford in the FA cup 1985, with John Barnes etc. I was in the main stand watching the game through a TV camera, not being utilised as being a little kid I found it absolutely fascinating.

The promotions etc stick in the memory. But for other more bizarre reasons these memories have always stuck with me.

My favourite memories are changing all the time. But one that sticks out for me was from our trip to Leicester last season and the entire day itself.

My friend and I got on the train from Stockport to Birmingham, with mcfcliam getting on the same train in Macclesfield. We sat down in awkward positions to have a conversation because the train was so full, but there was a man sat near us who was the spitting image of Frank Gallagher, staring intently at four pieces of paper sprawled out on the table in front of him. He was dressed like an old walker (the boots, the cords, the multicoloured raincoat, the rucksack, everything). He'd noticed that we were City fans because of our scarves and because of the topic of conversation. He soon piped up about how we couldn't just buy success, but that he wished us well anyway.

The conversation carried on to the point where we'd found out where he was going. He was going to Yeovil to an electrician's convention in the evening, but something wasn't quite right about him. He was swearing, slurring his speech and generally looked quite greasy. He leant over to Liam and said "Take a look in that rucksack". Liam obliged and opened up the rucksack, to find it full to the brim with cans of 7% ale of some kind. He'd been drinking since 6am (it was now 10am), apparently, and carried on with his drunken ramblings - us humouring him along the way, until we pulled into Wolverhampton station... Frank Gallagher looked up out of the window and noticed the first class lounge. It was then that the bitter old man inside him leapt out for the entire train to hear - and I mean the entire train. "FIRST CLASS LOUNGE?! ARE THEY TAKING THE PISS?! AND I BET WE'RE ALL FUCKING PAYING FOR IT AS WELL!" Bearing in mind there were kids in the carriage running around his ankles while he was shouting. Between Wolverhampton and Birmingham we had to listen to him go on and on about this first class lounge that he destested so much.

We got off at Birmingham while he stayed on until Bristol. I haven't seen him since.

Loads of memories, was at wembley 81 and 99, great weekend that was but goat robbing Neville at last Maine road Derby is still one of my favourites

paphos-mcfc said:
5-1

the sit down protests outside Maine road

the kippax last stand

signing of kinky boots

signing of robinho

the fights in the kippax car park in the lower divisions Stoke, et al..

oh and Gillingham 99

Chippy on yew tree lane

What a great chippy! Best chips and gravy i've ever had, especially if you got served by the young lad, who used to go mental with the gravy.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.