Your Top 4?

Rags
Arsenal
Chelsea
Spuds

City to finish 6th which is still a great season.

danburge82 said:
GoForGlory said:
Don't really understand that. Europa League is alright but the difference between Champions League football and not is huge. Especially now when it's not the same 4 English teams as usual - the amount of publicity for whatever English team makes the CL besides Arsenal, Scum and Chelsea will be huge as well. Our goal is 4th and I'll be dissapointed with fifth personally. Like Zabba said in an interview recently - just hearing the CL-anthem makes you giddy.

In 2003 (i think that was the year, might have been '02!) Liverpool lost to Chelsea on the final day of the season at Stamford Bridge, it meant Chelsea got 4th and Champions League and Liverpool got 5th and UEFA! Just two years later Liverpool won the Champions League!

What I'm saying about being pleased with either 5th or 4th is that we've been complete nobodies for 30 years and onky finished 10th last season - 5th is a massive jump from anything I've ever seen in my 21 years of supporting City and I will be pleased with either and will have the knowledge that things will get better still!

I'm not depserate for CL football like football will end in 5 years, we've got decades of great times ahead and this or next season will soon be forgotten come 2025 when we'll be the biggest and best!

If you have been following them for 21 years you'd know that we finished 5th in 1991. 19 years ago.

Or do you mean that you're 21 years old in which case you can't follow a team until you understand the game.

http://www.footballstatisticsresults.co.uk/english_1991_division_1_football_league.html

city shouldnt even be in this race for 4th.we have proven that we can beat the best of teams-chelsea twice this season,but we're dropping silly points to the likes of hull and sunderland. and of course if we hadnt gone on the streak of draws we would be sitting garunteed fourth.

We are better than spuds, better than the dippers, better than Villa. We have six home games out of nine coming up. The only way we won't make fourth is if the players bottle it, which I don't think they will.

i just dont feel we are as comfortable against the lower teams like spurs are. we havent had that many convincing results bar arsenal and chelsea, which is all fine and well, but we should be dispoing of teams like hull, stoke, burnley and mid table teams more convincingly.

thats the only point i'm trying to make. i'm still undecided

simon23 said:
i got a horrible feeling spurs will pip us to it

they just seem to keep winning at the moment. They have some very hard games coming up though and we could do with them dropping some points somewhere

They have 13 points from their last 6.

We have 12, so not much on it as far as form goes.

Hopefully Arsenal, Chelsea, Rags and even Sunderland might do us a favour there.

mancityscot said:
i just dont feel we are as comfortable against the lower teams like spurs are. we havent had that many convincing results bar arsenal and chelsea, which is all fine and well, but we should be dispoing of teams like hull, stoke, burnley and mid table teams more convincingly.

Spurs at home to Stoke
Spurs at home to Wolves
Spurs at home to Hull

mancityscot said:

Tottenham have dropped points against Hull and Stoke this season (not to mention losing twice to Wolves), and haven't played Burnley away yet.

It may seem we're the only side that does it, but our rivals are just as bad.

mancityscot said:

Spurs at home to Stoke
Spurs at home to Wolves
Spurs at home to Hull

moomba said:
mancityscot said:

Tottenham have dropped points against Hull and Stoke this season (not to mention losing twice to Wolves), and haven't played Burnley away yet.

It may seem we're the only side that does it, but our rivals are just as bad.

yeh, we've mucked up much more, but youre right that spurs have flopped against these teams aswell. i still fell spurs as the dominant force, however with defoe out for the next 3 weeks it'll be interesting

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.