Your Top 5 City Legends..?

mcfcinprague said:
Who scored the most goals that got us out of Division 2 in 1966, the most goals in the Championship season in 1968, the winner in the Cup Final in 1969 and a goal in the Cup Winners Cup Final in 1970 - Neil Young

Who was the captain who held the trophies in 1968, 1969, 1970 (2) and was manager of the League Cup winning side of 1976 and when we finished 2nd in the league in 1977 - Tony Book

The player with the most international caps and possibly our best ever player in modern times - Colin Bell

The man who would run through a brick wall for us - literally in the first home game in the 65/66 season against Wolves, created and scored many goals and is now the Club Ambassador - Mike Summerbee

Who was an ex German prisoner of war, broke his neck in a Cup Final, played on and we won the cup, the first non English footballer of the year - Bert Trautmann

These are the things that make LEGENDS .......

Come back in 10 or 20 years and list the real achievements of some of the names that have been put forward

THIS^^^^^^
Especially Tony Book. A true, blue, gentleman!!!!

Joe Corrigan. My first hero as a child in the 80's and my inspiration to be a keeper.

After that:

Peter Reid

Paul Stewart

Imre Varadi

Steve Redmond

Though this list changes by the week to be honest.

Rosler
Lake
Kinkladze
Kompany
Horlock
In no particular order, could add Coton/Curle/White/Silva but you said top 5, I rate them all about the same

urmston said:
Bell
Lee
Summerbee
Young
Doyle

Mulhearn, Book, Pardoe, Oakes, Heslop and Coleman too.

Lucky enough to go to all home matches in 67/68 first full season watching as an 11 year old-no squad rotation in those days -usual sub Dave Connor added to above 11 heroes

From my 11 yo son....

Joe Hart
Colin Bell
Shaun Goater
Paul Dickov
Bert Trautman

seen play, no particular order:

Lakey: just because of what should have been

David White: local lad made good

David Silva: self explanatory

The Goat: nuff said

Micah Richards: Here at the start and still going strong and still improving.

Not seen play:

Colin Bell

Neil Young

Joe Corrigan

Buzzer

Joe Mercer.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.