Your top 5 games of the 13-14 season.

I'm not having this Everton away love-in. Two weeks prior to the game they were on a roll but lots of injuries to key players meant they were a shadow of the side that had done very well all season. Their goal was a blip and i thought we looked in total control for 80 minutes. Saying that, it was a very professional display by our lads.

Barca away
Both derbys
Villa home
Chelsea a week after getting twatted off them.
BM away

Oh yeah, and mickey mousers away.

In no order

Rags home - brilliant for 60 minutes
Rags away - confirmed the gulf between the two teams and should have been over after 15 minutes
Spurs away - the best attacking performance of the season for me
Palace away - we looked like champions that day - depsite what Souness said
Hull away - top performance by the whole team but Silva, MDM and Garcia were immense

The Filth at Home 4-1
Arsenal Home 6-3
Spurs Away 5-1
Bayern Away 3-2
Everton Away 3-2

Hull Away The Filth Away Spurs At Home Could Of all been in there aswell

The best in terms of what they meant for the season are probably

5 - Rags away

4 - West Ham Home

3 - Hull Away

2 - S'land Wembley

1 - Everton Away

My favourite games I went to:

5 - N'Castle away (League cup)

4 - Final V S'land

3 - Rags Away

2 - Everton Away

1 - Munich Away

Some great nights out and ridiculous scenes! Met some great blues and can't wait to do it all over again next season!

H versus Rags, we ran them ragged. Pun intended.
A versus Hull, a true show of character.
A versus Everton, banish the bogey team and show our fight to the end spirit.
H versus Sunderland, because we looked drained but did not buckle and we battled.
A versus Bayern, the press, some of our own fans, the rivals all thought it was a home win. Eat depth of squad.

4. Manchester United 0-3 Manchester City - 19 votes.

Derby victories are always joyous occasions for Manchester City fans. But recently the fixture away to Old Trafford has changed, from one of fear and defeat to one of confidence and triumph. A win for Manchester City in this game would see them complete a derby double over Manchester United and put their rivals completely out of the race for 4th place. And things couldn't have started better, with Dzeko turning in from close range after Nasri's shot had struck the post inside the first minute. Dzeko then added to his early goal in second half, latching on to a corner and diverting the ball with the inside of his foot into the top corner. The rout was complete when Yaya Toure popped up on the edge of the area and rifled emphatically into the bottom corner late on to seal a 3-0 victory.

manchester_city_derby_pictures_dzeko-371468.jpg

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xmWXVHBo84A[/video]

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tLrdzgDMf0g[/video]

3. Everton 2-3 Manchester City - 22 votes.

Third in our countdown is the game which saw Manchester City really take control of the Premier League title race. Heading into the final week, a win for City would put them on top with just two home games left to play. Things didn't quite go to plan at first, though, thanks to a wonderful curling effort from Ross Barkley which put Everton in front. Ten minutes later and City were level, Sergio Aguero rifling low beyond Tim Howard after Yaya Toure's through ball. Just before half-time, a James Milner cross from the right-hand side floated onto the forehead of Edin Dzeko who nodded into the far corner to put City in front. City's lead was increased just after half-time thanks to another from Dzeko, this time tapping in from close range after Hart had made a wonderful save to deny Everton an equaliser just seconds earlier. Lukaku bundled a header over the line for Everton with 20 minutes to go, but City crept over the line and went on to win the title just a week later.

Edin-Dzeko-Man-City.png

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ahgZmeIlL0w[/video]

City 6 -0 Spurs

The quality of the goals from first to last was awesome.

So many great games to choose from. I just wish I hadn't spent the whole season worrying we wouldn't win the league because of the poor start. Looking back we played some magnificent football.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.