Your top 5 games of the 13-14 season.

in chronological order:
City v rags 4-1. We were all over them that day. Loved it.
City v Norwich 7-0. Canaries weren't especially poor that day, we just played some brilliant football & it's not often we score Seven!
Spurs v City 1-5. The first half an hour - BOOM! What a performance.
League Cup Final - City v S'land 3-1. Cup-winning display at Wembley, two magnificent goals, great day out.
City v Hammers 2-0.

Had to leave many great games out, partly as I wanted to choose games I went to, partly for other reasons. what a season we just witnessed :-)

Pezzer2 said:
Strangely I could easily add 3 Liverpool games into the mix. I was away on holiday watching the City - Liverpool game and I was in a foul mood afterwards for the remainder of the holiday, now its a pleasure to watch that game from my planner and laugh at how they thought they had won the league not to mention the Stevie G huddle. Chelsea and the Palace games speak for themselves.

1. City v United
2. City v Arsenal
3. City V Liverpool
4. United v City
5. Everton v City

I would have added the last 2 home games but I was quietly confident the job had already been done. The other 5 were pressure games against the top opposition and we delivered. I wanted to include Spurs away but not enough room

That was one of the reasons I loved the Hammers game so much. After the Everton & Villa wins I had all the confidence in the world we are going to do it and I was able to fully enjoy the occasion. Unlike the Everton game which almost gave me a heart attack!

andyhinch said:
tasu2aty.jpg

ja5edure.jpg

sy7era6a.jpg

Munich away, just for the laugh.
'Twas a fine time :-)

Top 5 Prem performances (in order) :-

Spuds away - world class for the first 30 minutes
Rags home - total domination
Rags away - total domination
Arse home - entertaining
Hull away - gutsy team performance

Cup mentions (in order) :-

Makems Wembley - 2 great goals and won the cup
Chelski home - professional to get 'revenge'
Bayern away - great comeback after opening 20 minutes
Barca away - great all round team performance
Leicester away - they were no pushovers

Anyone agree with the above?

Everton away (day we won the league)

Scum away (owned them at the swamp for third year running)

Scum home (set the scene for both our seasons)

Sunderland at wembley (won a trophy and 2 of the best goals ever seem there)

Arsenal at home (very important in reigning them in at the time)

Said it earlier in the thread, there's too many too choose, even splitting into league and cups, I have more than 5 of each.

Wonderful season, we'll struggle to beat it, I hope we do.

Scoring 7 and 6 at home....(how many times ?)

Scoring 5 at Spurs (again), and then listening to the c**ts saying we were "lucky" on the train back to central london aaarrrfff !

Winning a cup at wembley.

Unlucky at Barcelona, cheating sods too, but a brilliant couple of days.

Winning at Bayern, even though I didn't go.

The Everton away game, watching the Villa home game in the early hours in Sri Lanka, and going beserk when the first second and fourth went in.

West Ham at home, easy in the end, but a great evening out in The Bank after the game.

If we ever have a better season, it will be very very special.

5. Manchester City 3-1 Sunderland (League Cup final) - 15 votes

The League Cup final hadn't started well for City, and Sunderland were ahead after 9 minutes through Fabio Borini's excellent finish. But in the second half City were unstoppable: a long-range, looping effort from Yaya Toure nestled comfortably in the back of the Sunderland goal to equalise, before a lightning counter attack was converted by a fierce blast from Samir Nasri just 2 minutes later. City rounded off the win with another swift counter attacking move, only this time it was finished emphatically by winger Jesus Navas. City ran out 3-1 winners and were League Cup champions again for the first time since 1976. This also saw City complete a domestic sweep of the Premier League, the FA Cup, the League Cup and the Community Shield for the first time in the Premier League era.

Manchester-City-League-Cup.jpg

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hoc9x_NZas0[/video]

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.