Your top 5 games of the 13-14 season.

Millwallawayveteran1988 said:
1998 blue said:
Utd 4 1-first glimpse of just how shit they are
Arsenal 6 3 - shut them up for most of season after that
Spurs 1 5 - spurs is a hard place to go and I believe we went top??
Liverpool 3 2-everybody will find this odd but looking back at it how good is it thinking about how happy they were thinking it was there's. Also milner and Silva especially filled me with enormous pride in my team
Everton 1 3- obvious reasons really

Did you turn off at 3-1 up at Everton?
I do apologise * 2-3

Strangely I could easily add 3 Liverpool games into the mix. I was away on holiday watching the City - Liverpool game and I was in a foul mood afterwards for the remainder of the holiday, now its a pleasure to watch that game from my planner and laugh at how they thought they had won the league not to mention the Stevie G huddle. Chelsea and the Palace games speak for themselves.

1. City v United
2. City v Arsenal
3. City V Liverpool
4. United v City
5. Everton v City

I would have added the last 2 home games but I was quietly confident the job had already been done. The other 5 were pressure games against the top opposition and we delivered. I wanted to include Spurs away but not enough room

dom said:
Millwallawayveteran1988 said:
West Ham home-for the celebrations and night out after....

Sunderland Wembley- at half time I thought we were going to lose. Great 60 seconds in 2nd half. Mad celebrations when Nasri scored.

Rags 4-1 - never tire of beating them

Arsenal 6-3 great game from two footballing sides

Chelsea 2-0 cup - total dominance from start to finish

This was actually my shortlist , too

Only fly in the ointment was that, during the two goal comeback in just over a minute against the Mackams, I was in the bogs at Wembley, pinned to the porcelin in the midst of a lengthy and unstoppable shit !!!!!

Still got to see Navas' 'clincher' though !!

Excellent choice, this. It's been forgotten, because we were bundled out of the tournament so ignominiously. But we did the business, and no mistake. It reminded me a bit of the Etihad match against the rags in 2012, in that they did not get a sniff. We stifled them. Perhaps our best defensive performance of this season, although it turned out to be meaningless. What I'd really like to see next season is Mancini's rigour in defence, and Pellegrini's flair in attack. Suppose it's impossible, because we play too high a line these days not to concede goals.

It's crazy that this was really hard to narrow down to only 5. Just illustrates what an incredible season this was. Must have been 15 brilliant games this year that would have been top 5 in almost any other season.

1) 4-1 v Stretford What need be said about another derby win. Just dominated them.
2) 6-0 v Spurs Just played them off the park.
3) 6-3 v Arsenal Brilliant game. Could have scored 10.
4) 3-2 @ Bayern Started really ugly but quickly became an incredible come back.
5) 3-1 v Sunderland COC final Maybe wasn't the greatest game but it was a trophy and had 2 world class goals.

1) 4-1 v MU went to the game nervous came away thinking not how bad they were but just how good we have become
2) 7 v 0 Norwich had my niece and her husband up her first ever footie match so it was joyous occasion to see 7 goals fly home
3) 3-2 v Bayern 2 nil down then the fight back great game great week away
4) 2-1 v Liverpool Had flu over Xmas so this really cheered me up loved all the Rodgers whining after the match
50 2 -0 V Hull A sending off off then a Silva goal great day felt we would win the league after that

I would go Hull away as that was the day i genuinely thought that we had become a real team unit especially after losing Vinny and having to dig in

Bayern away for obvious reasons

Barca at home as that felt like the first big european night for me. Even more so than playing Bayern and Real.

Trafford Rovers away again for obvious reasons

Everton away as that was the moment it was in our grasp

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.