Your top 5 highs as a City fan

Semi final '81 Power's free kick
Charlton 5 - 0 '85 - Melrose's header total rapture
Morley's equaliser at Bradford great night after in Bier Keller
Rags 5 - 1 - great night
Rags sick swan

1. 93.20, because nothing will ever beat that.
2. Beating Real 4-0, because I was confident we'd do the treble at that point.
3. The 6-1, because of that David Silva pass and Edin counting the goals on his fingers.
4. The Villa comeback, because it almost came close to the drama of 93.20.
5. Should be Gillingham really, but I'm gonna say Vinny against Leicester, because it was the first City game I watched with my best mate in person (we'd just been pen pals up to then).

Could write 100 more. What a club.

This is hard to choose just 5 as the last ten years had been what dreams are made of.

1, my first every match sadly I'm not sure what game it was, my oldest ticket is Newcastle in 73 but im sure I went before that game.

2, Seeing Rodney Marsh bring high ball down on the right wing cut inside and score. It's the first goal that for some reason has always stuck in my head.

3, Gillingham, tears in my eyes as I listen on a little radio

4, Taking my lad to his first game 20 odd years ago.

5, Taking my dad to the last ever Maine Road match and walking in the steps of his dad my grandad who went to the first Maine Road match.

Now obviously Aguerooooooooo should be in the top 5, as should Istanbul. For my personal match experience it has to be Villa and Gundogan, never felt anything like that at a match. Beating utd any time lol

1968, was 14, so proud waiting with a couple of mates for the Pink to come to local newsagents. CITY CHAMPIONS was the headline.
1971, first time I actually "slept" with my GF. Went for the weekend with my Mam and Dad to the Albion final.2 rooms booked, one for me and Dad one for Mam and GF. No ! here's your key lad. Was embarrassed but what a weekend.
2010, Twice beating Rags and then winning the cup, removing that fucking banner.Thanks Bobby Manc.
2012 , Seem to remember something happening around 93.20. Can't quite put my finger on it.
2021, Mr Gundogs double.
Nowadays, waking up every morning and thinking the GPC is still hurting

Been following City for 50 years but nearly all my top 5 would be in the last 14 years..maybe Gillinham and Charlton would be in the top 10.

How anyone can’t have 93.20 first (let alone not even top 5) I don’t know! They should be made to explain!

1. 93.20
2. Winning the CL and the treble v Inter
3. FA Cup semi v United (Yaya goal)

I give up after that as there as so many……one that I enjoyed more than most was actually the Jesus goal for 100 points.

Last edited:
Live
1 1976 League cup final
2FA cup quarter final 1969
3 League cup semi final 2nd leg 1976
4 play off 2nd leg 1999
5 League cup final 1970
On TV
1 FA cup final 2023
2 FA cup semi final 2011
3 QPR Home 2012
4 Rags Home 2012
5 Champions league final 2023

We turned the lows into highest which is why we were so admired and popular...... until we became successful

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.