Your top 5 highs as a City fan

1. 1967, I was 5 and my best mates dad took me and him to watch Manchester City v Burnley, we won by a lot - but the atmosphere, the chants, smell of tobacco was wonderful
2. Travelling by push bike to City's training ground in Cheadle to watch the players, now and again we chased a ball outside the pitch, returned it and was told 'thanks son' - magical
3. My first year with a season ticket. King Colin's return against 'nucassle - atmosphere never stopped, also I believe someone scored a hattrick . TBF no one cared. The King was back. I was smittten.
4. York away, 20/30 of us were on a day out, most turned back at the pub at half time as it was soo cold, last one was found hanging over someone's hedge asleep, we poured him into the back of the bus, great days
5. Buzzer/Franny/Colin/Silva/Kun/Kompany and many many others- respect, enough said

It isn't about winning baubles but about emotions and experiences, with friends, family and the greater good.

If it wasn't we would be one of the red scum

Last edited:
5 - Huddersfield 10-1.
4 - 1999
3 - Utd FA cup 2011
2 - Aguerooooo!
1 - Winning the treble. The feeling I still have right now, been 4 weeks of feeling this high. Sometimes I cant even think about it because its too distracting at work or whatever. Its still just too amazing to think about being treble winners. And strangely it feels like it came out of the relative blue. Like a slow motion 93.20.

1. 1967, I was 5 and my best mates dad took me and him to watch Manchester City v Burnley, we won by a lot - but the atmosphere, the chants, smell of tobacco was wonderful
2. Travelling by push bike to City's training ground in Cheadle to watch the players, now and again we chased a ball outside the pitch, returned it and was told 'thanks son' - magical
3. My first year with a season ticket. King Colin's return against 'nucassle - atmosphere never stopped, also I believe someone scored a hattrick . TBF no one cared. The King was back. I was smittten.
4. York away, 20/30 of us were on a day out, most turned back at the pub at half time as it was soo cold, last one was seen hanging over someone's hedge asleep, we poured him into the back of the bus, great days
5. Silva/Kun/Kompany - respect, enough said

It isn't about winning baubles but about emotions and experiences, with friends, family and the greater good.

If it wasn't we would be one of the red scum
Well said. My sentiments exactly.

1) Seeing us with the European Cup live in the flesh with my 2 sons
2) Seeing us Do United live in the flesh in the first all Manchester Cup final
3) Seeing us win the FA Cup in 2011 - 1st trophy Id seen us win after 34 years as a Matchday fan
4) Aguerooooo and seeing us win the Premier League for the first time
5) Doing United 1-0 in the FA Cup semi-final. Ya Ya's goal signalled the shift in power ahead and sent a jolt to that lot over the road

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.