Your very first car

My first two company cars...

Fiat 127, one of the very first hatchbacks, drove really well, like most Fiats, luckily I only had it around 6 months,
before it started to fall to bits.

fiat-127_key_6.jpg

Then they gave me one of these, Morris Marina fastback in hearing aid beige, mine had a vinyl roof, which meant
you were cool as fuck...

morris-marina-tc_be1b6.jpg

1300 cc engine developed about 200 years ago, gearbox was like stirring porridge, all in all, a complete abortion of a car.

Fuck me Chippy your car history makes Rob Brydon's ( see Top Gear some time ago ) look exotic - sign of the times I suppose. Company cars? I worked at a place where the choice was stuff like this or take the money and get your own..........always took the money - a BX or a 405 was always a better bet than these.
Yes, company cars. I could never get my shit together enough to actually buy a car myself back then. Spent everything I had in the pub every night, and piss up holidays with my mates. So the first cars I got were company cars. This was back in 1984. The Cavalier was ridiculously underpowered. Most people didn't even realise they made them with the 1.3l engine mine had. Genuinely I think it was about 50 hp. Appalling.

The Montego was worse.

Triumph Spitfire. Paid around £200 pounds for it in 1978.
It was so bad, I sold it after a few weeks for a small loss.
Probably worth a fortune now!

Triumph Toledo on a 72 K plate.
It had a lovely walnut dashboard.
Apart from that it was a rust bucket and a terrible vehicle.

A 1935 morris 8 tourer, I bought it from the garage I worked at, I looked cool as fuck with the top down in the summer, I used to go round corners and the suicide doors would fly open, sold it when my Dad gave me his ford Anglia.

903cc fiat panda

as well as the rust the gear linkage was fucked and every so often the gear stick had a little lie down in the passenger footwell, not at all scary while driving down the m56

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.