Your worst City game and why?

too many to mention - always seems worse when it's cold / dark / wet especially midweek.

Bournemouth coming back from 3-0 down to make it 3-3 in the last minute when we were pushing for promotion in the mid-eighties was bad one

bored at work said:
too many to mention - always seems worse when it's cold / dark / wet especially midweek.

Bournemouth coming back from 3-0 down to make it 3-3 in the last minute when we were pushing for promotion in the mid-eighties was bad one
1989. The penultimate game of the season. Win and we were up. Had to go Bradford the week later. MORLEY!!!!!!!!!!!

Have only had the honour of attending three city matches but they were all pretty awful

2003- Last game at Maine Road, not so bad as we'd still had a pretty good season considering first season back in the Prem, but still gutted when that ginge guy headed in for Southampton.
2003- 0-3 loss at home to Leicester, Ellegaard in goal, had a shocker. Absolutely awful game.
2006- 0-0 draw at home to Watford. Awful performance, only Weaver kept us in it with a great save before half time, freezing cold December night and got absolutely soaked.

Of course, compared to what some people have experienced on here, I've got off relatively lightly, but it was extra disappointing for me considering I'd had to shell out for airfare and hotels on all three occasions.

That 3-0 defeat to Leicester has been mentioned a couple of times and it made me sick to see Dicky celebrating as he did. The worst part of that day was getting back to the local after the match after receiving a text from the girl I was seeing at the time who dumped me about the same times as the final whistle blew. When I got in the pub she was in there with a mate of mine getting all cosy. I pinched his cigarettes, punched him in the kite and then went home and avoided MOTD. Bad day.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.