Your worst City game and why?

The 1-1 draw with Boro on the last day of the season, when Fowler missed a penalty to take us into Europe. To be honest, the football was a bit irrelevant as I'd found out a close mate had died that morning. For some reason still decided to attend the game but my head was in pieces.

There has been a few to choose from!

City 0-1 Huddersfield

They were bottom of the table and i was convinced a couple of weeks leading up to the game that we were gonna thrash em, they scored with a wonder team goal on a horrible rainy night.

City 0-1 Bury

Same season, remember seeing a guy walk onto the pitch infront of me and tear his season ticket up - couldnt blame him.

City 0-3 Leicester

Horrible performance, horrible day.

I know for a fact there is a lot more to choose from, but these 3 always come to thought when i think of bad City days.

Ticket For Schalke said:
the boro 8-1 one wasnt as bad, as we had fuck all to play for, knew our manager was for the chop, didnt bother me all that much, seen much worse.

Sorry mate, but that was the most disgraceful non-performance I've ever had to suffer. Players showing solidarity with the Manager? What about us poor sods who made the trip? No match has ever left me so annoyed and betrayed as that one. Shameful.

Equally sick about the game at Stoke that sent City down to the 3rd Division and the Cup Final replay loss to Spurs. Couldn't get tickets for the first game but camped out at Wembley all night to get them for the replay. Nice sunny day in London, took the day off work, great build up, Mackenzie's goal, then disaster. Spurs fans singing "we'll take more care of you, Archibald" over & over on the Tube home just rubbed it in. My dad always talked about getting beaten 5-4 by Newcastle in the Cup at Maine Road after being 3-0 and 4-3 up.

Preston when we got beat 2-1 by Jon Macken from the half way line, just remember it pissing down with rain and thinking we were back to losing to all these no-mark teams. Think Berkovic got sent off for being mouthy as well. Then on the way back to the station some chav woman shouting abuse at City fans, she had 2 toddlers with her as well. A fine example of Preson womanhood.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.