Your worst City memory

There's only really one ......

5th January , 1980 ....... FA Cup 3rd Rd / The Shay

Halifax Town ......1 Manchester City ....... 0

Probably our lowest point ever , on an extremely cold day.

getting beat off bury at home at maine rd. it was on valentines day not sure what year.A couple got married at the ground that day and i also remember someine from the kippax running on the pitch ripping his season ticket up..

Listening to Brum vs MCFC we scored in last min to lead 0 - 1. Turned radio off and went to my work Cristmas party (had a great night), turned on nationwide soccer in morning to find we lost 2 - 1 :(

brummie blue said:
Last nights result had me thinking, my worst City memory caused me to hate Spurs more than any other team.

This feeling goes back to the '81 cup final and the loss to Spurs in the replay.

Being 11 and going to Wembley for the first time, with my Dad and Grandfather who had encouraged me to support City for as long as I can remember.

The disappointment of not going to the first game, only to be replaced by sheer joy by getting tickets to the replay, with the memory of Paul Powers wonderful free kick against Ipswich fresh in my mind from semi when my Dad held me up behind the goal to see it hit the back of the net.

Only to be shattered by the result and the endless repeats of bloody Ricky Villa's goal every year since.

any more out there....

Funny. i was only talking about that game in the pub tonight. I was at wembley for the replay and a friend of a friend got me a ticket--------in the bleedin Spurs end!----Hated losing but if we had won i'd have been murdered.[not that i've cared at that point]

brummie blue said:
Last nights result had me thinking, my worst City memory caused me to hate Spurs more than any other team.

This feeling goes back to the '81 cup final and the loss to Spurs in the replay.

Being 11 and going to Wembley for the first time, with my Dad and Grandfather who had encouraged me to support City for as long as I can remember.

The disappointment of not going to the first game, only to be replaced by sheer joy by getting tickets to the replay, with the memory of Paul Powers wonderful free kick against Ipswich fresh in my mind from semi when my Dad held me up behind the goal to see it hit the back of the net.

Only to be shattered by the result and the endless repeats of bloody Ricky Villa's goal every year since.

any more out there....

For me this and that bastard prostitute loving **** dancing over maine road as we got relegated, i believe a tear was shed on both occasions.

1974. LCF. Wolves. Nailed-on to win and fucked it up. First and eternal lesson about City's capacity to disappoint!

watching that rag bastard buchan finish king colins career.
the greatest player ever ruined by a talentless red twat

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.