Your worst ever City game witnessed?

Blackburn away under Pearce.

Spurs away under Hughes

Burnley home under Hughes

To be honest, under Hughes we went on a run where we seemed to lose a lot of games away from home against pretty average teams. That wasn't good to watch.

Southend away in the full members cup,think it was a tuesday night,pissed it down all night stood in their end to try and get some cover from the rain 0-0 it was lol 5 of us went down there in an old vauxhall cavalier lol

jimharri said:
Bluemoonbaldboy said:
City 2 Everton 5 at Maine Road last game of the season as we finished 9th Preki scored a Hat trick.....it was that sort of day!
Yeah; Margetson in goal I think.

I think he was subbed at half time? Definately one of the worst keepers i have seen in my time at City.

Spurs in the cup where we ran on the pitch after phelan scored. To be one up and lose so badly at home, i've never felt so sick after a game.

So many to choose from ........ but seeing Halifax on TV just now reminded me of one of the worst, a 1-0 defeat in 3rd round 1980. The game would never get played today, there was hardly a blade of grass on the pitch and ankle deep mud from one goalmouth to the other. Big Mal had some gypsy curse put on him and us before the game if I remember correctly. Think they were 4th Division as well (old money).
Total nightmare!

Someone has already mentioned it, but getting beat 0-4 at home by Wimbledon was particularly disappointing at the time. But let's face it there are lots to choose from!!!

Bristol Rovers at home in Nov 98. A 0-0 draw against a team with half a dozen teenagers in it, and we managed just one shot at goal, a 25 yard, hopelessly optimistic, toe bunger from Gareth Taylor. The darkest hour was just before dawn.........
Oh, and a 3-0 midweek defeat at Reading at about the same time, in which we only aspired to level off a 25 yard toe bunger! Shocking, shocking stuff......

stirlingblue said:
So many to choose from ........ but seeing Halifax on TV just now reminded me of one of the worst, a 1-0 defeat in 3rd round 1980. The game would never get played today, there was hardly a blade of grass on the pitch and ankle deep mud from one goalmouth to the other. Big Mal had some gypsy curse put on him and us before the game if I remember correctly. Think they were 4th Division as well (old money).
Total nightmare!
That bloody curse lasted a long time!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.