Your worst ever City memory.

Relegation to the third division was by far my worst City memory.

Even though I had a season ticket as usual for the 98/99 season I only went to about half the matches. After a boring and difficult week at work I sometimes just couldn't face watching City play against such low level opposition. Sometimes I made it to The Albert and stayed in there boozing, listening to the match on the pub's radio.

Luton by a country mile.
The very DNA of the club and its perception both within and without changed for the worse that day. Only now are we slowly recovering from that goal.
To be brutally honest, though, the rot set in withBig Mal's disastrous return a couple of years earlier

davymcfc said:
the lowest i have ever felt was in the pub watchin united win the champions league the very week after we had lost 8-1 to boro. watchin those dirty red twats celebrate made me think (only for a very split second) why do i bother?

I text my mates after that game and said summet like "that will never happen for us will it?"
Low and behold, within 14weeks we were taken over by the Sheikh!

WAS ON THE 2 Ten shift when utd won the 99 c/l final,a rag ran upto me laughing,i did what any blue would TWATTED him,then through a chair at all the others jumping about like cunts.

Wembley Stadium 30th May 1999 4.41 PM

Another year in the third - call it what you want but to me it was the third, division. The rags had just won the FA Cup at the same venue. They'd won the league the week before that. To top it all they'd just won the Champions League four days earlier. And there we were - losing 2-0 with four minutes to go in a pathetic attempt to get back into the second division.

Like I said to Ken - the rags scored two with only two minutes left - we've got four! But he was up and off before I'd finished my half hearted attempt at giving us hope.

He did come back though ;-)

Michael Owen scoring 7 minutes into 4 minutes of extra time was pretty fucking bad. I still get sick thinking about them celebrating and acting as if they'd earned it.

danburge82 said:
davymcfc said:
the lowest i have ever felt was in the pub watchin united win the champions league the very week after we had lost 8-1 to boro. watchin those dirty red twats celebrate made me think (only for a very split second) why do i bother?

I text my mates after that game and said summet like "that will never happen for us will it?"
Low and behold, within 14weeks we were taken over by the Sheikh!
im determined that supporting city will pay off. i have never normally been affected by stuff like that. iv seen us relegated a couple of times and seen us been twatted 4-0 at wigan under pearce but that night really hit home. as you said a matter of months later everything turned around starting with the signing of SWP and the win in denmark then becoming the richest team on earth.

ifiwasarichfan said:
That first ever Relegation at Home to Luton. Nothing has ever come anywhere near to that. I truly believed in the old adage that we were " Too big to go down".

this ^^^

utd coming back to win 2-3 at maine rd, "blue moon, you started singing too soon"

and utd beating bayern features highly in a different way

you cant enjoy the highs if you aint had the lows though

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.